Thread: Dear Milwaukee

Dear Milwaukee

Dear Milwaukee,

I have amassed a goodly selection of your 12V tools, but one tool I need, but cannot find is a simple 12V glue gun. I cannot be the only one wanting one, so please consider adding this to your other selections.

12V would be plenty for my needs, and I have batteries for it. If you bring it out in 18V instead, please note that I have all my 18V needs on Makita's platform.

Anybody else have a tool wish list?
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Milwaukee stuff isn't cheap but they do seem to figure out the needs of the market. They got me sucked in years ago when they came out with a 18v grease gun. My neighbor got a 18v chainsaw last fall and loves it for quick jobs and cutting limbs. At work I have their cordless screwdriver (the one with the small round battery). It has an electronic clutch that works great. Is there a place on their website to make a suggestion? I'm thinking that they might actually make one. If they made it have a base it rested in so when it's on and hot but not in use it wasn't using the battery but also capture any glue that leaks out it would be great.

They do make an electricaly heated jacket so a hot glue gun is not out of the question. Makita also makes a heated jacket.
    Bill D

https://surebonder.com/collections/c...%C2%AE-version

how about 18 volt?

we have their t50 pneumatic stapler, works great.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post

how about 18 volt?

Nice find!

As I indicated, if it's gonna have to be 18V, mine will be Makita, as I have a complement of those tools

No way I am going to have more than two battery platforms. I already gave away to a grandson, my Rigid 12V screw
    gun.

I started 10 years ago with 18V Makita, and have a bunch, including their track saw. When 12V tools became popular, I started getting Milwaukee because my shoulders are shot, and the 12V tools do most stuff just fine.

As I said, two platforms.

I am cheating a bit, by buying a Makita 18V to Ryobi battery adaptor, so I can pick up some cheaper specialty tools I won't use much, like the caulking gun. Who knows? Maybe I will end up with an 18V Ryobi/Makita glue gun if Milwaukee doesn't develop what I want. It would fit right in that 'specialty tool' category mentioned above.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 03-24-2021 at 7:17 PM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

I sent several emails to DeWalt with the exact same request.

I ended up buying the Ryobi glue gun and a DeWalt battery adapter from Amazon. I’ve had the setup for about. Year and it works great.

I don’t really trust the adapter to not burn my shop down, so I only put the battery in when I’m actually using it. When I’m done, I remove the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Herman View Post

how about 18 volt?

That's a great idea! Someone beat Milwaukee to the punch. Thanks for sharing.

OK, I have a choice now between the Ryobi adapted to Makita battery or the Surebonder with Makita adaptor.

Would anyone who has either of these care to give us a review about what you like/dislike, etc.?

Looking at the Surebonder, they mention having 60W. I don't know how many watts make a decent unit. Any advice there?

Thank you

PS: I see on the Surebond site, that they also have one that takes DeWalt batteries, for you DW owners.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.