Hi guys, I just bought a new IQ. I was quoted a machine that had 300IPM rapids and nema 34 motors. What I'm learning though is if you try to push it just over 1/3rd those speeds it will lock up and miss steps.

My question is what are you guys running your rapids at?

I was told by support the machine has to run under 100 and closer to 60-70IPM or it will lock up and miss steps. This is ridiculous which is a big joke to me based on what I was quoted. So far in my experience i had the rapids set to 3500 or faster the z axis locks up when it rapids up and loses tons of steps then plunges deep into my part and ruins it. I've ruined a couple parts thus far and had to slow the rapids to 2540 or 100 inches. This is pathetic for a nema 34 machine.

I have a old romaxx wd-1 on nema 23 motors that can do 160IPM rapids. Also I have a original CNC router parts kit that i built that can smoke the IQ as well with nema 23 motors. What is the bottleneck with this thing? The control? I can't comprehend why it's performance is so poor? I'm really starting to regret keeping this machine and really wish I spent that money on a CNC router parts kit again.