Thread: trace out a bell and arch using logic trace 2018 for a vinyl cut

trace out a bell and arch using logic trace 2018 for a vinyl cut

using logic trace 2018 and selecting lines and arcs to trace out a bell_arch graphic
    then cut it out on a vinyl cutter

https://youtu.be/3WnmEqBmz-4 trace out a bell and arch
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work!!

Thanks for the training video Stan. I have my first trace ready to cut with one exception, can't get the contour outline to work. I know its something simple but I have not had the time lately to work on the problem.

not sure about a contour line can you post a picture

Not without violating a copyright. Aspire has a contour line option that is normally easy to use, in my case I am sure that the problem is based on a crossed vector. i think that if there is a crossed vector anywhere in a drawing the software fails to use the contour option. They also seem to cause problems with tabs.

aspire has a vector check , it should show up there

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Not without violating a copyright. Aspire has a contour line option that is normally easy to use, in my case I am sure that the problem is based on a crossed vector. i think that if there is a crossed vector anywhere in a drawing the software fails to use the contour option. They also seem to cause problems with tabs.

Just out of curiosity, which program were you referring to where is would be a violation of copyright to show a screen shot of the program? I have often seen screen shots used as a way to show or explain something about the program. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your point. Thanks,
    David

I feel the same way ,not sure what keith means, I show parts of aspire all the time

Glad I'm not the only one. I thought maybe he was talking about John's new program for tracing on screen with mouse, but even then all of that can be seen in the tutorials.
    David

Sorry guys my comment was about the drawing itself not the program. I am working on converting in the neighborhood of 59 Garden Gnomes I purchased from paper drawings to digital files. These are intarsia projects that I want to cut on my CNC Router so I am using my Logic Trace graphics tablet to trace each of the Gnomes. I had an idea that I could machine the lines with a sharp router bit and then come back with a round-over bit rather than to cut each piece and have to mount them on a backing board as you would with normal intarsia projects.

Trying to trace each part individually didn't work very well for two reasons, first it was difficult to prevent lines of adjacent parts from overlapping and second it makes it to time consuming to paint. I am still using the graphics tablet but I am tracing and saving each piece individually, basically I am returning to the standard intarsia technique.

The Rip Van Winkle Gnome is about 24" tall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 04-03-2021 at 9:24 PM.