Thread: Lighting for my outbuilding

Lighting for my outbuilding

Hey all, I’m trying to install some lighting for my outbuilding which is also used as my personal gym. The building has a gable style roof so I was thinking of putting wraparound style lights up at the top at the ridge of the roof so as to not be hanging too low and get in the way. I’m wondering if wraparound fixture LED lights (I estimate I would need two 8 feet long fixtures) down the ridge would sufficiently light the space (10” wide x 17” long). One concern I have is that I would like good light coverage to the sides of the building and I’m afraid that wraparound lights may provide more coverage down but not necessarily “outward” towards the sides of the building. Any input on the best way to light my building up?

Lights down the center are a good start,you will have shadows on the sides. The last time I bought them 4 ft plug and play led fixtures were cheap. Buy an bunch and hang them were ever you need extra light.

What if I put two rows going down the peak of the roof but angle them both toward the wall at 45 degree-ish angle to get full coverage?