Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harvey G-700 - Unpacking, etc Review

Blog Entries
    There are no links or anything to indicate there should be pics that I can see in those posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    There are no links or anything to indicate there should be pics that I can see in those posts.
    There actually are image links in those posts, but they are 1-pixel by 1-pixel "blank" images. I'm not sure why that happened.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Here's a shot of the DP with a worktop over it. (for those who can see these)

For those who can't see any images, maybe you can view them in the SMC album: https://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=974
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post

For those who can't see any images, maybe you can view them in the SMC album: https://sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=974
    I can't see that album. Says "Invalid Album".

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I can't see that album. Says "Invalid Album".

Mike
    Same. Julie, you might have to hop over to the Forum Tech Support channel to help figure out why your pics aren't showing up. It could be due to how you are uploading them. Do you see them when you write your posts, and do you see them when you look back at the posts you have made?

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=455021&d=1616687342[/IMG]

Here is a screenshot of what I see.

SMC-1.jpg

Julie,

You might want to check the status of your album to make sure it is set for "Public".

SMC-2.png

When I looked at your profile, I didn't see any photos available. If the album is set to "Private", only your contacts, Moderators, and Administrators will be able to see the images in your album.

SMC-3.png
    Last edited by Mike Kreinhop; 03-25-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    Julie,

You might want to check the status of your album to make sure it is set for "Public".
    I had it set for public but went back to double check. It's set for "Public". But then I went to settings and found options for who can see what, including "Albums". Sure enough, "Albums" was set so for "Your Friends" only. It's now set for "Everyone". Hope this resolves the problem.

I had it set for public but went back to double check. It's set for "Public". But then I went to settings and found options for who can see what, including "Albums". Sure enough, "Albums" was set so for "Your Friends" only. It's now set for "Everyone". Hope this resolves the problem.
    Yes! I can see the images now.

All your pictures are there now! Woo hoo!

I can see all the photos on my iPhone and iPad. FYI.
    Looks great!

It worked for me! I can now see the pictures, whereas I couldn't before.
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

And I learned something in the process.

I can see it. Let’s toast the last time the new work surface is visible. At least if it were mine, that is the way it would be.

This is the first time I have seen your new shop. Very nice. I love looking in the background for tools and things that reveal something about the owner. In yours, I noticed the collection of conduit benders near the panel. I love the reminder.
    I also like the pictures of your friends. They seem intent on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    I can see it. Let’s toast the last time the new work surface is visible. At least if it were mine, that is the way it would be.

This is the first time I have seen your new shop. Very nice. I love looking in the background for tools and things that reveal something about the owner. In yours, I noticed the collection of conduit benders near the panel. I love the reminder.
    I also like the pictures of your friends. They seem intent on the job.
    Believe it or not, I miss conduit bending. I loved the challenge of figuring out how to lay out the conduits coming from an electrical room in such a way that they neatly peel right off the rack at the other end. But hardly anyone down here uses conduit.

Back to the DP...

I just ran 32 linear feet of 8" wide pecky Bolivian walnut through the JP. Original thickness was 1.00" (skip planed). Final thickness was 0.80". One edge was jointed, too. Maximum cut was around 2mm. The large bin was about 1/2 full while the smaller one was maybe 1/4 full.

Speed was set at 62Hz (75 is max). It cleared the 5" hose on the JP immediately. I could see the chips swirling in the clear hose. Never saw that before. You can hear the chips fly through the duct and then silence. It clears them out that fast. That's new for me, too.

So far the only issue has been a communication problem between the master controller inside the unit and the slave located on the exterior face. I called Harvey and was connected to a tech. He walked me through the steps that resulted in the diagnosis. I'm guessing we were on the phone 45 minutes or more. He's going to overnight a new slave controller and the Ethernet cable, plus any related installation hardware.

I thought that the electrons in your pictures were getting tired going much farther North than me, as I saw the pictures.

Looking good, Julie. And very nice table top over it.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 03-26-2021 at 8:25 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.