Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harvey G-700 - Unpacking, etc Review

Harvey G-700 - Unpacking, etc Review

The Harvey G-700 dust processor arrived just before noon today. The neighbor for whom I've been doing remodel work on his kitchen showed up to help unload it. We got it up to the garage door, cut the banding straps and all four sides folded back like it was some commercial. My neighbor (Rick) had to pose for this shot.

Both of us were really impressed how well built it seemed. And it was packed very well, too. Rick was really impressed with everything he saw and said, "China is blowing us away now."

Then, like a scene from Tool Time, the men from the neighborhood showed up. Nothing like a crate of tools to attract men.

I had to install a sub panel before I could install the power. This was how I left it last night

After we got the unit off the pallet and they guys went home, I finished up the sub panel and installed conduit, box and receptacle for the unit.

Then I plugged it in, flipped the power switch in back and used the remote to turn it on. It builds up speed slowly so at first I thought the remote didn't work. But by the time it reached full power (maybe 4-5 seconds) it was still crazy quiet.

I'll give periodic updates as things progress. I have to replace some 4" duct with 6" and to connect it to all the machines first.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Julie,

Thanks for the writeup and congratulations for the new toy. Well deserved! The notion of clean air in a quiet environment sounds (no pun intended) good.

I look forward to read more of your posts; always interesting.

Regards,

Jacques
    Last edited by Jacques Gagnon; 03-22-2021 at 8:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Very interesting looking "contraption", Julie.

One of the things I'd like to see as you provide more details revolves around "the bin" where collected materials go, available volume and how it gets emptied.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

One of my local customers has one for his Hammer combo and loves it. I talked to another customer who had one for larger machines and ended up sending it back. I guess it was unable to keep up with the planer. Curious to hear a long-term report.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Very interesting looking "contraption", Julie.

One of the things I'd like to see as you provide more details revolves around "the bin" where collected materials go, available volume and how it gets emptied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    One of my local customers has one for his Hammer combo and loves it. I talked to another customer who had one for larger machines and ended up sending it back. I guess it was unable to keep up with the planer. Curious to hear a long-term report.

Erik
    I expect the collection bins to become one of those compromises one makes when they can't afford to have it all. I would estimate they hold about half of what my old drum holds. The other compromise is the location of the intake. But almost anything would be better than what I had.

Erik, it looks like even their $10K unit doesn't have much of a bin.

Today I've been tearing out the old ductwork and installing new where needed. Funny thing though, those neighbors I've been helping all winter are curiously ghosts. I could have used a helping hand once in a while.

The ductwork is done as far as it will be today.

Getting rid of the wall mounted cyclone really brightened things up

For now, this is how it's set up

I ran a 2x4 across the A3-31 and saw the chips zip through the flex while my SO watched it through the window. There has never been a time when my DC ductwork has seen things move this fast.

I've got two 4" long sweep 90s I'll use to replace the shorties. I'm tempted to extend the 6" a bit farther down the line but I don't know if it will make that much difference. Everything past the JP is just dust.

I've got some resawing, planing and routing to do now so that will give me a better idea how well the DP works.

Last night I ran a short piece of 3-1/2" wide cedar through the planer to see how the machine worked. This morning I checked the bin to see what it looked like.

I thought the smaller section was to catch mostly dust but there wasn't much difference in particle size.

I also played with the speed control. It runs from 40Hz to 75Hz. It's been on 40. By the time it got to 65Hz, it was humming. And I could hear air being sucked in at every gap. I wonder if this thing could collapse the HVAC duct if turned up all the way? In one video, the guy used clamp-on pipe. Maybe this machine needs something like that.

Julie, are you including pics in some of your posts? The emails I'm getting from my subscription to this thread seem to indicate as such, but I'm not seeing any pictures here.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Blog Entries
    same here, not seeing pics
    - Bob R.
    Collegeville PA (30 minutes west of Philly)

Me, too. No pictures.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454873&d=1616457098[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454874&d=1616457109[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454876&d=1616457792[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454875&d=1616457792[/IMG]

I don't see any images either, but here are the image tags in the original post. They display as a single pixel for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kreinhop View Post
    [IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454873&d=1616457098[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454874&d=1616457109[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454876&d=1616457792[/IMG]

[IMG]https://sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=454875&d=1616457792[/IMG]

I don't see any images either, but here are the image tags in the original post. They display as a single pixel for me.
    That's the same thing I got when I clicked on the image link that was present in the email notice.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Add me to the list that can't see any pictures but do get links with the email that don't pull up anything when I click on them from the email.

Pictures are included in posts #1, #6 & #7. They were downloaded to SMC and added from there. The album is set for public viewing.

I don't know why this keeps happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    Pictures are included in posts #1, #6 & #7. They were downloaded to SMC and added from there. The album is set for public viewing.

I don't know why this keeps happening.
    This could be due to several reasons. The [img]...[/img] tag requires a "jpg", "png", or other suitable image filename. This was a problem when linking images from other sources, like Facebook, that would not provide the actual filename ending in a recognized image type. In your case, the URL between the image tags does not include an image file, so vBulletin doesn't know what to do with it.

There could also be a problem with the vBulletin software, since it reached its end of life years ago and is no longer supported. If the server OS or PHP version is not fully compatible with this version vBulletin 4.2.5, then unpredictable things can happen. Perhaps the eventual migration to XenForo v7 will be better.