The Harvey G-700 dust processor arrived just before noon today. The neighbor for whom I've been doing remodel work on his kitchen showed up to help unload it. We got it up to the garage door, cut the banding straps and all four sides folded back like it was some commercial. My neighbor (Rick) had to pose for this shot.

Both of us were really impressed how well built it seemed. And it was packed very well, too. Rick was really impressed with everything he saw and said, "China is blowing us away now."

Then, like a scene from Tool Time, the men from the neighborhood showed up. Nothing like a crate of tools to attract men.

I had to install a sub panel before I could install the power. This was how I left it last night

After we got the unit off the pallet and they guys went home, I finished up the sub panel and installed conduit, box and receptacle for the unit.

Then I plugged it in, flipped the power switch in back and used the remote to turn it on. It builds up speed slowly so at first I thought the remote didn't work. But by the time it reached full power (maybe 4-5 seconds) it was still crazy quiet.

I'll give periodic updates as things progress. I have to replace some 4" duct with 6" and to connect it to all the machines first.