Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I've been away for a while

Well I've been away for a while

Sawmill Creek is my favorite place to be....but unfortunately, I've had quite a few challenges to deal with over the past couple years and sorta fell away. Both from my turning and interacting. But now my health is improving and decided to get off my duff and live a little.
    So I bought a lathe. A grizzley GO766. Works great. To christen it, I decided to make a table. Got a big slab of walnut and gave it a shot. It's 20" diameter and about 2" thick....stands 23" tall. All made from one piece of wood.
    20210319_110729.jpg20210319_124506.jpg20210319_131020.jpg20210319_170154.jpg20210321_180532.jpg20210321_180522.jpg
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson

Sweet piece of timber and the craftsmanship ain't bad either.
    Member Turners Anonymous Pittsburgh, PA

Welcome back John!

Unique design and well executed. Well done Sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Hi Ken!!!
    I've missed you. Nice to be back. I hope all is well.
    ~john

Quote Originally Posted by David Delo View Post
    Sweet piece of timber and the craftsmanship ain't bad either.
    Thanks David....a beautiful piece of walnut to work with. Dazzling figure
    ~john

6. Hey John! Sure is good to see you post, and especially to hear your health is improving! As you may be aware, I was probably one of the first 2 or 3 people who got the G0766. Mine needed a few small tweaks as it was in the first units made, but they have things dialed in now, but mine has been truly superb in performance. It would be great if you would join the Grizzly Green Monster Group [GGMG] as there is tons of information from owners, and lots of great knowledge posted there. You are most welcome to join and contribute to the knowledge base!

Nice looking table!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Chandler View Post
    Hey John! Sure is good to see you post, and especially to hear your health is improving! As you may be aware, I was probably one of the first 2 or 3 people who got the G0766. Mine needed a few small tweaks as it was in the first units made, but they have things dialed in now, but mine has been truly superb in performance. It would be great if you would join the Grizzly Green Monster Group [GGMG] as there is tons of information from owners, and lots of great knowledge posted there. You are most welcome to join and contribute to the knowledge base!

Nice looking table!
    Hey there Roger!!! Nice to see you
    I'll look into joining the group. Only had the lathe about a week now. But love it so far. Feel like it's gonna spoil me.
    ~john

Beautiful work! When I first saw your post (early morning, groggy eyes, thumbnail pictures rotated 90 degrees) I thought you had made high hat cymbals for a drum set.

How did you fill the bark inclusion or crack that shows in the third picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Bunge View Post
    Beautiful work! When I first saw your post (early morning, groggy eyes, thumbnail pictures rotated 90 degrees) I thought you had made high hat cymbals for a drum set.

How did you fill the bark inclusion or crack that shows in the third picture?
    Thanks for the kind words Dave
    By the time I had turned all that down, the bark inclusion was really quite shallow and didn't need any fill, but sure added to the character. I think this is one of the few tables that people actually spend time looking under the table. I'm finishing it so the bottom is as gorgeous as the top. I'll post more pics when it is completely finished
    ~john

Hey, John. Great to see you back again. I've always enjoyed your posts. A real treat. The Creek is my favorite place too. Sorry to hear about your challenges. I get it, though. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!
    Be Blessed

George

Quote Originally Posted by George Conklin View Post
    Hey, John. Great to see you back again. I've always enjoyed your posts. A real treat. The Creek is my favorite place too. Sorry to hear about your challenges. I get it, though. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts!
    Hey there George!...great to see you
    ~john

Hey I remember that name! Good to have you back and glad you are feeling better. I hang out but don't post much. Beautiful table. But if I remember correctly, that is normal for you.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Thanks Don!!
    Nice to see you
    ~john

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Welcome back John
    Thanks Keith
    ~john