Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Festool TS75 - Can't make a 45 deg cut

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    I'm sure it wouldn't nor would I expect it to. As I recall my first saw came with something like a 16 tooth blade (hate to think of how dull it was, this was before carbide blades) and did just fine ripping 2x SPF lumber, a task the festool basically won't do as sold-- but does OK on with a more appropriate blade. I do enjoy the cut quality, dust collection, and the track a whole lot, so am training myself to be patient with it, as I said I love the saw. I do wish they'd have put a beefier motor in it.

Roger - so you're saying the B&D is underpowered too? Given my scenario, why would you expect the Festool to do any better ? With a 16tooth blade (the Panther) the TS55 will cut 2x4 SPF all day too, just like the B&D. Another more salient point is the TS55 is not designed or sold as a framing saw. The standard blade shoulda told you that. Just like that B&D wasn't marketed to millwork installers. With the appropriate blade in the intended material they perform as intended. If you want that - buy an HK saw.

If you really want more power , the Makita has a hundred xtra watts, and the Mafell and Bosch have a few hundred more. They ain't gonna cut your two by four or Andy's countertop any better with the wrong blade installed. Nor will they cut to 90 deg. if they aren't adjusted properly.

Yes, I basically agree. Ripping construction lumber is a relatively rare task. My real complaint is that I have to slow down and be patient with it when cutting 3/4" plywood at 90 degrees, the task I acquired it for and for which it is billed as the ideal tool. It's awfully close, adequate power being the missing factor. I was just surprised by that given the price. It is my go-to tool for sheet goods now nevertheless. For the bucks I was hoping for perfection.

Maybe try a 28t blade. The Freud in one of mine allows me to push as fast as I can move with good edges in most ply and melamine.

I think your expectations are too high, even considering the price. A Mafell 55 is even more money , and it ain’t perfect either.

Any chance you've got the speed set low?