Thread: Unisaw with extension mobile base?

Unisaw with extension mobile base?

Hi I just picked up a used unisaw that has a extension I believe to do up to 52-in. Looking to add a mobile base for it. Never had any experience with any of these and looking online I was thinking about going with the grizzly Papa Bear mobile base and extension kit. Will this work for my type of saw or is there another type I need?
    Also are there any other types I should be looking at?
    Thank you
    Michael

Back in the day... Delta had there own line of mobile bases and used to make one for this saw with the extension. I had one with a contractors saw and a 52'' unifence. The only place that you would probably find one of these now would be used. Not familiar with the grizzly base you mentioned but the delta one just had an extension piece bolted on to the main mobile base for the table extension.

It's a shame you're in Oregon, I have an extra Delta 52" mobile base in my barn. I mention this not to frustrate; but, in case someone else reading this is looking for one.

Ended up getting the bear crawl all wheel swivel base with extension. The all wheel swivel is very nice and mobile base seems very well constructed. But because the extension piece of the base is essential U channel it makes leveling the legs of the unisaw extension table very difficult. You can only move a wrench 1/8 turn of a time if your lucky.

Another issue I found. Is when lovking the mobile base by pushing down on the cam levers / raising it. It throws the alignment of my extension table way off. Going to have to figure out how much to adjust each of the mobile base locks (leveling legs) to keep the extension table level once the mobile base is locked.

It appears there wouldn't be this issue with the unisaw specific base as it's all one piece and only has one point to raise it which in turn raises the whole unit like a wheel barrow. Problem with that base it it isn't all swiveling and I'm trying to house this beast in a small space.

I have an HTC that works fine. I had to add onto it to hold the vertical pipe for the overarm DC pickup. It's been moved on it many times, from one job to another, without disassembling anything, including a quarter mile once, in the loader bucket.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Delta mobile base?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stelts View Post
    It's a shame you're in Oregon, I have an extra Delta 52" mobile base in my barn. I mention this not to frustrate; but, in case someone else reading this is looking for one.
    I know this is an old thread, but curious if you still have the extra mobile base, and where you are located. PM me if you prefer…

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Kraft View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but curious if you still have the extra mobile base, and where you are located. PM me if you prefer…
    Matt, you'll need to become a Contributor in order to have access to private messaging, photos and the Classifieds. Click the "Donate" button at the top of the page. The ask is $6.

Jim
    Forum Moderator
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I did so right after posting this, but I appreciate the heads-up. Cheers!