Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Had to hide the seam between the slab halves. It started out with one string inlay then grew from there.

Every fish camp bar needs a fish

The reeds are curly maple and cocobolo. The bubbles are mother of pearl and the eye is abalone. The fish is tigerwood. It's a Tiger Fish.

The last coat will go on later today.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

very well done
    Ron

Very cool way to hide the joint and bring the 2 halves together. And add a flourish. Very nicely done - as usual.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

And I thought there was light at the end of the tunnel... Silly me.

Old fishing reels were made as part of the bar top brace. They are dowels fancied up to look like fishing poles.

That toucan on its perch lights up and moves. Tonight some more additions...

. wow .

Fine woodworking with a dose of practical whimsy. I love it. The whole room seems ready for Jimmy Buffett to pop in.

The stump is said to be from the first eucalyptus tree planted in Florida. It was 150 years old when it came down. The knotty pine came from our bedroom (which looked like a Wisconsin bar when we moved in). It has been used to make cabinet doors for our kitchen, one bathroom and now Rick's wall. There's a fishing pole on the right (not in the picture) that has barnacles on it. This turned into the fish camp Rick wanted.

Fantastic job
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

Very, very cool Julie. So many neat things going on. My favs are the joint in the slabs and the parrot. This should hang right below it.

2021-05-17_15h53_41.jpg

Well done.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.