Thread: corel contour

corel contour

I can't seem to change from outside contour to inside. I read help and tried what it said, then I looked at a couple videos tried that no matter what I try I can't get it to change to an inside contour. WShat am I missing x5
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 03-18-2021 at 8:26 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

revc.jpg

it's the double-curved arrow icon shown, comes up when editing nodes--
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

not sure what your doin here Kev. All i want to do is change the outside couture icon to inside icon so can do inside contourcontour change.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Bert
    Try using the drop down menu from the "effects" tab.

contour.jpg
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I now know what Bert's getting at, only one of the contour options is available... That happens to me all the time, and I don't know why either...

What I did was show how to change the direction of contour-- in my pic, the contour was clockwise, clicking the tool I showed would make it counter-clockwise. This is important when working with objects with holes, because hole outlines are always CCW, and 'normal' outlines are always CW. This is how graphics programs know if a closed object inside another closed object is a hole border, or if it's just an object inside another object which can be painted separately...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Right the only option is an outside. I tried what Mike said still didn't work
    I think what happens is once you make changes to the original pattern then you can't make changes to the contour.
    I went and deleted that whole program, started from scratch and did my contour before doing anything else. That was the only way I could get all 3 contour option to not be greyed out.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Outline - Center - Inline for a contour.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Right the only option is an outside. I tried what Mike said still didn't work
    I think what happens is once you make changes to the original pattern then you can't make changes to the contour.
    I went and deleted that whole program, started from scratch and did my contour before doing anything else. That was the only way I could get all 3 contour option to not be greyed out.
    Hello Bert e.o.,
    i think that you must select your contour, then go to the "outline pen" (on the right side under) there you have an option "position".
    Now you can choose for outside , center, inside.

Hope that this is what you are seeking.

Succes, Pierre

Thanks I'll try that next time I run into this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Monten Pierre View Post
    Hello Bert e.o.,
    i think that you must select your contour, then go to the "outline pen" (on the right side under) there you have an option "position".
    Now you can choose for outside , center, inside.

Hope that this is what you are seeking.

Succes, Pierre
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander