Thread: Fusion 360

Fusion 360

Is the free version an on-line service or a program you can download? If it's on-line does anyone know how much data it uses? I'm limited to using my cell phone for data in my shop so I would prefer to have a program on a laptop vs connecting to the internet.

I don't know how much data it uses but it's pretty pokey when it starts on my i7 HP laptop. The files are stored online in Autodesk's cloud, and locally in a temporary cache but they eventually get deleted from the cache. I'd prefer an option to permanently store locally, but I haven't seen it in Fusion.

I'm not even sure if I can use it. I have a personal account but I also have an account through the place I work for under my name. I don't ever seed myself doing enough with a CNC to justify paying a monthly fee.

I just use the free version and deal with the pokey startup and save when it goes to the cloud.

The program itself resides on your computer. If it's a slow computer then F360 will be slow to load. Your files are stored in the cloud but you have the option to store them locally, as well; I do both.

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram

I did install it. The "teams" concept made me think the files are on the cloud. I'll play with it some and see if I like it.

They're appealing to remote workers and offices doing collaborations where file sharing and multiple folks are working on the same file. It's a cool feature but I work by myself in my own little space so that part doesn't matter to me.

David
    David
    CurlyWoodShop on Etsy, David Falkner on YouTube, difalkner on Instagram