Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best air fittings?

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Question for those more knowledgeable than I -
    If my primary application is pneumatic nailing (brads, pins, crown staples, finish nails), is there any benefit to high flow over what I would get from the typical type M fittings?
    I have customers in the pallet industry who much prefer the Euro/megaflow style. You get much more flow than a standard auto or industrial style.

For the little nailers, no I don't believe you will see much benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Hoskins View Post
    I have converted all of mine over to Prevost. Well worth it. I get mine from Obsessed Garage. They have always shipped fast. https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/prevost

I use the Green High Flow for my main tools, but also use the blue fittings for my dedicated air line in my metal shop for a blow gun.
    Jamie, thank you for that link. His video was helpful in helping me to understand the differences that were confusing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    Question for those more knowledgeable than I -
    If my primary application is pneumatic nailing (brads, pins, crown staples, finish nails), is there any benefit to high flow over what I would get from the typical type M fittings?
    No, the connector makes very little difference on a nailer. They cock themselves by charging the cylinder for instant release when the trigger is pulled. After firing, they recock. The bigger the gun, the more air it takes for that. If you are using a big framer on bump fire (multiple nails per second) you can outrun it, but 99% of the time it's the hose length/diameter not being adequate for the demand. You can see the effect hose lengths have on air at the gun even better in roofing situations that usually have several hundred feet of hose and very fast rate of fire. In a woodshop, a 1/4"x50' hose will run everything just fine, faster than you can shoot. In framing we have to switch to bigger hoses and higher line pressures as we get further from the compressor to get the air where it needs to be. A hose causes WAY more restriction than a quick connect end will. Miltons are fine, and all we use because they hold up. Yes, I've tried the Provest, it came on a hose I bought, it didn't make it more than a week, plastic chipped badly and it filled up with dirt to the point that it would not connect without swearing and beating on it. We're rough on hoses and fittings, YMMV.