Thread: Dust Processor On The Way

Dust Processor On The Way

After being all over the board on keeping or replacing my anemic DC, buying new made the most sense if the garage is going to ever function as a year-round workshop.

Reasons I went with a Harvey G-700:
    1. It's really quiet. 61-72 dBA
    2. It fits under a workbench and the garage needs a space for assembly, etc.
    3. No more venting outside - something that's mandatory if the garage is to be cooled over the summers.

It's supposed to be here around the 19th of this month.
    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness..." - Mark Twain

Sounds like an interesting system, Julie. I look forward to your observations and comments once you have it in-hand and up and running. It's been discussed a little in the past, but I don't recall if anyone actually owned one at that point.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I know in metal working chip processors are used by the big operaters. Reduces storage and transport costs. So it pays for itself. Small ones run over $10,000. Will you be able to sell the briquites or have to pay to dispose of them?
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Sounds like an interesting system, Julie. I look forward to your observations and comments once you have it in-hand and up and running. It's been discussed a little in the past, but I don't recall if anyone actually owned one at that point.
    I'll do my best to accurately compare this to my present system. But that will probably be like bringing a slingshot to a gunfight. I am as curious as anyone else.

There will be some logistics to work through. Putting it under a worktop will mean there has to be room to move it out for servicing and access.

Lots to think about...

Congratulations Julie! They are an interesting approach that makes a lot of sense in for a smaller shop like ours. My short cyclone takes up quite a bit of real estate and is loud. I’m looking forward to hearing how it works out for you. Undoubtedly, a major upgrade!
    Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Moriarty View Post
    I'll do my best to accurately compare this to my present system. But that will probably be like bringing a slingshot to a gunfight. I am as curious as anyone else.

There will be some logistics to work through. Putting it under a worktop will mean there has to be room to move it out for servicing and access.

Lots to think about...
    Might it be more feasible to make the work top mobile for access rather than monkey around with ducting disconnects, etc?

Congratulations . Amazing unit is what every owner I've seen has said .

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne Watt View Post
    Might it be more feasible to make the work top mobile for access rather than monkey around with ducting disconnects, etc?
    I think it was Stumpy Nubs who placed his under a work top. It seemed to fit pretty nicely and he was able to pull it out if needed.

There should be room enough to access the filter cleaners, which are on top. And the cleanouts under the filters will be accessible without moving the unit. But if it needs to be pulled out occasionally, starting with some 6" flex will be required.

Quote Originally Posted by David Publicover View Post
    Congratulations Julie! They are an interesting approach that makes a lot of sense in for a smaller shop like ours. My short cyclone takes up quite a bit of real estate and is loud. I’m looking forward to hearing how it works out for you. Undoubtedly, a major upgrade!
    Best regards,
    David
    Thank you David, and Dwayne. I had been considering the Oneida Supercell but the need to replace all the duct & hoses killed it.

What I'm looking forward to the most is cooling the garage in the summer. Right after we moved here in 2015 we replaced the garage door with a hurricane rated one, and a well insulated one, at that. But once the DC exhaust was ducted to the outside, there went any hopes of keeping the garage cool in the summer.

Julie, that it fascinating looking at their website. Never heard of this before. Yes, indeed, I'm sure we would all love to hear how it works once you're up and running.

Heavy sucker. But it does have wheels. So can it just easily slide out for servicing / cleaning filters?

Their video shows two separate sized collection bins at the bottom. (With plastic bags, which should make your life so much easier). I wonder why two bins?
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 03-20-2021 at 9:08 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

I am interested in your impressions of this design. It is a completely different approach than everything else on the market. The numbers look good.

If you want a couple reviews, go to YouTube and look at Bents Woodworking and Next Level Carpentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    Julie, that it fascinating looking at their website. Never heard of this before. Yes, indeed, I'm sure we would all love to hear how it works once you're up and running.

Heavy sucker. But it does have wheels. So can it just easily slide out for servicing / cleaning filters?

Their video shows two separate sized collection bins at the bottom. (With plastic bags, which should make your life so much easier). I wonder why two bins?
    The unit came yesterday and immediately attracted some of the men in the neighborhood. So I had unexpected help getting it off the pallet. It was WAY easier than what the videos online show. We slid 2x4s under the machine, picked it up and slid the pallet out. Once it was on the ground, the wheels made it easy to move anywhere, as long as it's on a relatively smooth surface.

As for servicing, I'm leaving a length of hose coming out from the unit for mobility. Probably not the most efficient for moving air but we'll see how it goes. Cleaning the filters is pretty easy. There are two knurled knobs on top you turn, similar to other units, that clean the fiber filters. Then every three weeks or so, you remove the cap at the bottom of the filter and connect it to the intake for a deep cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    I am interested in your impressions of this design. It is a completely different approach than everything else on the market. The numbers look good.
    I've started a thread where I will review the dust processor as I learn about it.