Thread: Source for Sofa Cushion Covers?

Source for Sofa Cushion Covers?

Thinking about building a sofa or a sleeper sofa, and I'm struggling to find a place to buy cushion covers. I know I can get cushions, but the covers elude me. Double points for leather or stain resistant fabrics.

You might look for a store that sells upholstery cloth. They might have their own workroom, or might have leads to customers who buy cloth from them.

Might look at these guys: https://www.slipcovershop.com/ . No leather, but they do have "faux leather."

I didn't check, but they may have an option to apply stain repellant to their fabrics. Or you could DIY with Scotchgard spray.

We recently bought both cushions and covers from https://www.cushionsxpress.com/ and have been very happy. Contact them and discuss. You can also request material samples as well.
    Cheers, Bill Fleming

Some really nice options guys, thanks for the suggestions!

Check with a local upholstery shop.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

I agree with Ken. We have one about 2 miles from the house that we have used a couple of times. Don't know if they do leather but I would think mid to large metro areas would have one or more upholstery shop that could do leather.

I would also say that there are differences in foam cushion materials used for sofas. We now have a one year old sofa with cushions that are collapsed yet have had others that lasted a decade or 2. The higher quality ones have cotton batting on the surfaces. I do not know about any foam manufacturing 'standards' that may exist, though.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!