Thread: Triton MOF001 Problems

Triton MOF001 Problems

I typed up this entire thing, and my computer crashed.

I bought a Triton router thinking it was a good purchase and now im having second thought but i have not given up yet. The unit has been locked into my router table the entire time so I can learn how to use my dovetail jig. things have been smooth for a while, but i cant seem to get the router to lower itself all the way down so the collet locks and I can pull out the bit. Maybe someone can advise before I have to call tech support and im sure they are horrible. Always had a little friction when I got to the end as I crank down but this time it just wont go down past the point where that thing locks in and I can pull the bit. IMG_0254.jpgIMG_0255.jpg

Check to make sure the machine is turned off. They've got a safety failsafe that prevents the routers from lowering itself all the way without having the switch in the off position, and the plastic window over the powerswitch. I know this because I had the same issue you're running into now. A bit annoying the first time, but now that I know what's happening, I actually like it.

ahhh. good call. Let me go check this. i always keep it on, but I do have it unplugged from the router table main switch.

Yes, the power switch on the router must be in the off position in order to raise the bit all they way up in order to lock the rotation of the bit.

5. Same problem with mine which is mounted in a router table. Seems to be a problem even with the switch in the off position. I am pretty certain that the cause is related to the pin not moving freely and will not engage with the hole in the collet shaft.

I have the same router mounted in a table. Yes the switch has to be off and the plastic switch cover closed. Once I figured that out I had no additional issues.

Bill

Have any if you guys found that when the router is mounted in the table position its heard to crank it up and down? I might have messed it up at first not knowing the power switch had to be off in order to raise it all the way up and maybe over cranking it did something. I just don't find it very smooth up and down now. I have a woodpeckers table plate, and i had to custom drill a special hole for the crank arm to fit in order to raise and lower. Its a design flaw where the router wont sit properly and match up with their pre drilled holes and having the dust collector box attached. IMG_0264.jpg

I have always just raised and lowered from below the table. I have had no issues when doing it this way.

I dont have any issues per say, but sometimes I have to crank a little harder on the rod. I would think it supposed to go up and down more fluid.

Blog Entries
    Moves easily for me. Two different ones in different tables. You removed the springs for table use per the manual, right?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

great question. I dont know the answer since I bought this thing last year and its been in the table every since. I know I remoed the bottom plate it came with to attached to the table plate. Where would this spring be located? I might have since I have of parts with springs in them.

I’m a Bosch guy and don’t have any experience with Triton, but this thread is a great example of why we should ALWAYS read the instruction manual before operating a tool for the first time. Bosch manuals are very comprehensive, so unless Triton’s are seriously deficient I’ll bet all the issues described in this thread are covered in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Rosenthal View Post
    I’m a Bosch guy and don’t have any experience with Triton, but this thread is a great example of why we should ALWAYS read the instruction manual before operating a tool for the first time. Bosch manuals are very comprehensive, so unless Triton’s are seriously deficient I’ll bet all the issues described in this thread are covered in the manual.
    I have the MOF001 router, and have been very happy with it - probably 8 out of 10 for the product. But as for documentation, 1 out of 10 (I'm feeling generous today).

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    I have the MOF001 router, and have been very happy with it - probably 8 out of 10 for the product. But as for documentation, 1 out of 10 (I'm feeling generous today).
    Wow, that bad. Good to know. I’ll stick with Bosch.