Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Leigh’s New Shop and other Ramblings

The shop is still moving along. The plumber stopped in today and put the floor heat boiler in. I have a mini split planned for ac and humidity control but that might wait until spring. The plumber said they are hard to get right now. I need the electrician to finish the boiler hook up as well as the remaining electrical. SWMBO is painting and I’m making and installing trim. It might get finished by Christmas after all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Leigh Betsch; 11-12-2021 at 9:26 PM.
    The Plane Anarchist

The electricians are almost done. The lights are in. The wall outlets are wired. The boiler and mini split are hooked up. We left on Wednesday for thanksgiving, the fellas were still working. I’m hoping when we get back Friday night all the electrical will be done.
    The Plane Anarchist

What a great space! Looks incredible!

I’m declaring it “Good Enough”. Shops are never done, are they?
    I don’t know much about making videos, posting to YouTube, or linking them. But let’s see if this link will work.

https://youtu.be/DTmSpimeD28
    The Plane Anarchist

And in case anyone is questioning my complete insanity, I put a coffee roaster in my welding room.
    The Plane Anarchist

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Betsch View Post
    I’m declaring it “Good Enough”. Shops are never done, are they?
    I don’t know much about making videos, posting to YouTube, or linking them. But let’s see if this link will work.

https://youtu.be/DTmSpimeD28
    Link worked for me. Nice shop. I like your blue panel to stretch the T1-11 siding over the 10’ wall height. I can see a lot of thought went into the design and construction.

Thanks for the tour! That's a very nice shop set up!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Since I just do tig welding, I don’t generate a lot of smoke. So I just used a bathroom fan to ventilate the room. I plan to run the roaster “chimney” up close to the fan to ventilate it. But it might not be enough to clear the coffee smoke. If it doesn't work I’ll swap the roaster with the charging/electronics bench and ventilate thru the window that’s over the electronics bench.

Last edited by Leigh Betsch; 12-21-2021 at 9:28 AM.
    The Plane Anarchist

I do quite a bit of metal work, which usually starts by chop sawing stock to length. I've always carried my chop saw out doors and set it up on an old workmate for this. But the workmate got repurposed so I needed another solution. Here it is. I call it my off road chop saw. I used old wheelbarrow wheels from a different failed project, and an old takeoff handlebar from a motorbike project.
    IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg
    Last edited by Leigh Betsch; 01-01-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    The Plane Anarchist

Looks very handy