Thread: Power supply to an G. Weike LC1390N (220V)

Power supply to an G. Weike LC1390N (220V)

I purchased an LC1390N with the understanding that it was 220V with a "standard US plug". It turns out that what they sent me is indeed 220V but with a typical NEMA 5-15p style plug. That of course is not typical NA 240V cabling and raises some questions about proper supply. I have work pending to have a 240 drop put in, but when we looked at the power cable to spec the receptacle it raised flags, and the electrician is not pleased.

G. Weike insists that this is perfectly normal and it'll be fine, but communication is a little awkward and not entirely comforting. Does anyone here have experience with a 220 unit in North America and can you confirm that it works on NA 240V / discuss how you set it up?

According to their website:

AC - 110-220V +- 10% so 220v + 22v = 242v. Will work on 240V.
    Freq: 50-60Hz

Just switch the 5-15 plug on the machine to a 6-15 and install a 6-15 receptacle for it...

I have a 220v/50hz 1390 Triumph that I originally used a 110 to 220 transformer to run, but one of its relays went bad in less than a year. I was badly in need of the machine so I just screwed a standard outlet & box right to the breaker box, only needed 8" of 10ga wire to reach the 220 breaker... been working great for the past 7 years. Just like wiring for 110 except the 2nd leg of the 220 breaker takes the place of the neutral wire.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Thanks - good to have someone confirm that everything works and nobody got fried. Are you running a CW-5k? That’s the other piece of the puzzle here.

Quote Originally Posted by Liv Enerochi View Post
    Thanks - good to have someone confirm that everything works and nobody got fried. Are you running a CW-5k? That’s the other piece of the puzzle here.
    Make sure your chiller is 240 volt and not 120 volt My unit came with a 240 volt laser and fan but the CW5000 was 120 volt but had the 240 volt cord.

I was sent consistent voltage parts, though the fan and compressor have Type F euro plugs. They dropped a couple of 5-15Ps in to replace them. :P