Thread: Knock Down Joinery Jig Question

Knock Down Joinery Jig Question

I saw a jig a guy was using for knockdown joinery at a public workshop. It was white, shaped sorta like a bat, and did knockdown joinery similar to the festool connector system. Does anyone know what this thing actually is called? I can't seem to figure out a good way to search for it.

If by bat you mean the animal, I would venture to guess the Hoffman dovetail joining system.

Yes, a bat the animal, but no, not the Hoffman. This thing was a small-ish (maybe 1' x 1') white piece of MDF or something like that. He had a bag of connectors that went with this jig. I'm assuming he used a hand drill to drill out the requisite holes and then tightened them up with a screw driver or allen key, not unlike the Festool system. But I'm not positive exactly how it worked. He was just very sold on this thing so I wanted to look into it.

Nobody seems to recognize it from your description. You might try posting a sketch. Do low-tech: draw it with pencil on paper, photograph it, and post the pic.

Sounds like the Peanut 2 Mini Jig from Axminster Tools.

https://www.axminstertools.com/us/pe...glCurrency=USD

Blog Entries
    The Peanut mini certainly looks like a bat.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

It's a keyhole system. A router is used to create a keyhole slot then a screw is locted in the mating part.

That was it! Thanks all.