Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: outlets for 240V/30A

as my back gets older I prefer no low outlets that I have to lean over to get to.
    Bill D.

twist locks as well just how I started and stayed that way. The down low and back thing, it more reason to do that. As well up high to me ads visual clutter. My neighbour is 90 and shovels her own driveway the times I dont do it first. She moves like a 70 year old. She cuts her own lawn 300 feet wide by 150 deep. The reason she can do all that is because she does it and didnt stop doing it at 70. No offense to you Bill.

The old guy I learned from had great genetics. He was an olympic calibre wrestler. When i questioned him in later years or just plain stated he needs to care for his property and not his sons his answer was he didnt "need to make exercise". 35 years with him that was the only time ive ever seen him wrong. We all have to keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Hills View Post
    Why did you place the 240V outlets low? (I thought the mid height was more common?)]

To avoid extra tripping hazards.

[And how is the electrical drop arranged? is the kellems grip close to the outlet, and then you have the excess coiled and hung from a hook, or is the grip close to your free end of the extension cord, and that is hanging? (I've mostly seen these in lab spaces, as very short drops going down to benches -- and I didn't know what to call the kellems grip.
    It's a stupor-simple mount. I looped the top of a scrounged Kellems grip around a 2x4 bridging two trusses, not far from the outlet box. Then I screwed a large hook onto another truss and coiled the cord over that. I don't expect I'll use it much, but I figured I may as well toss one up there just in case. The cord stock was scrounged off a project years ago. It's too good to toss, but I might as well have it up out of the way until needed.

I'll try to post a picture when I get close to a computer.

Blog Entries
    I use twist locks but in the future I’ll probably just hardware to a disconnect.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.