Thread: Blooming in TN

Blooming in TN

What a difference between years.

These are blooming here on the farm in TN today, March 7 2021. I also see a few tiny wildflowers but didn't take pictures. I see a few leaves coming out on some plants.

2021_March.jpg

What a difference from a few years ago. This was from Feb 27 2017!

2017_Feb.jpg

What's blooming at your place?

JKJ

Just a little bit left of you on the map, I cut my lawn, yesterday, for the first time this year.

Over winter fertilizing seems to be doing the trick.

Red Maples are just now starting to bloom. Should have been in bloom since mid February. For some unknown reason, potatoes and onions in storage haven't started to sprout either. Butter cups are now in bloom. Most years we have blooms in the snow (January.)

Blog Entries
    Our daffodils are just barely sticking the first shoots above grass level and the pussy willows are showing just tips. We still have 6-8 inches of snow on the ground in the woods. It was 9 degrees this morning.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Naked Lily sprouting. Miniature Daffodils. Crocus.

Here in SW Ga. the pear trees were blooming last week. Yesterday, we noticed the peach trees in full bloom. We had irises blooming this past week also. Oak pollen stating to drop and make a mess of everything, including my sinuses.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

On the Continental Divide somewhere in Montana
    Nothing blooming here at 5000' in Montana. Snowplow is still on the truck. Still lots of white stuff on the ground.

Nada in NE. But close. You can almost smell it. Which is awesome. Five days of warming starting tomorrow, which will get all the roots doing the happy dance.

The crocuses will be rejoicing very soon. Word on the street is Friday. Then the daffy dills, and the party gets started! Just starting to plant my indoor seedlings.

My babies.