Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me Stepcraft 4x8 and have a few questions...

Hi Gary,

Thanks for letting me know, I found the post on the SB forum, very interested, but I'm not a member, so asked to join. I can't contact him otherwise. I did try to contact him through his youtube video, so maybe that will work.

Jim, I will try some compression bits and down spiral bits and see what works best. I will put it out there that a Carbide end mill place I've been real happy with for my metal working tools also sells some CNC router bits, prices are great and they seem to work well: https://www.carbidetoolsource.com

Brad, thanks for the tip on the material. I checked with a couple places here local and found linen phenolic but it's pricey, like $700 plus $200 shipping for a 4x8 sheet. We used to machine it in the machine shop, so pretty familiar with how nasty it can be to cut.
    Brian Lamb
    Lamb Tool Works, Custom tools for woodworkers
    Equipment: Felder KF700 and AD741, Milltronics CNC Mill, Universal Laser X-600

I have been running 2 Fein vacs for 20 years now. Had to replace the brushes a couple of times but they are still going strong

Brian...
    If you can't get hold of him, pm me. He converted his SB alpha over to an Acorn ClearPath ATC last year. I am sure I have his email around here somewhere
    Gary Campbell
    CNC Replacement & Upgrade Controllers
    Custom 9012 Centroid ATC