Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift table for woodworking?

I recently purchased a motorcycle lift table based on a recommendation from someone here and it has been one of the best additions to my shop. Mine is an air lift, its fast and there will never be any oil leaks to deal with. The primary table is 2 foot by 7 foot and it has extensions to make the table size 4 foot by 7 foot. I recently finished two 4 by 8 foot signs and it would have been more difficult without the new air lift table.

I have four of the smaller Harbor Freight hydraulic tables and they have been worth their weight using them for large sign projects where I have to move hundreds of sign plaques around from machine to machine.

Phillip,

Yes, that's the one.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Well, I've taken the advice here and have committed to the lift table. I'll pick it up later in the month. It needs some work on the hydraulics but the price was right. I'm not looking forward to moving the 600+ lb. beast though.

FWIW, I used to have a Harbor Freight mobile lift cart I bought for $250 +/-. It was fine but would bleed down after a short time, the wheels weren't great, etc.

I now have a Vestil double scissor cart that lifts 1,000 pounds up to almost 6 feet. It is a VAST improvement. I think I paid about $1,100 for it. It is similar to this model:

https://www.amazon.com/Vestil-CART-1.../dp/B0027Y35UO

81LS3XEnjnL._SL1500_.jpg

I got mine at Home Depot but they don't seem to carry many Vestil carts any more.

I like the double scissor lift because it allows me to use the cart as an outfeed table for any machine or bench, even tall ones. It lowers down to a very low profile as well - probably about 12".

Another thing I like about it is that the pressure release is a pedal instead of a bicycle brake-type handle. This allowed me to remove the push bars and just keep the table. Without the handles I can push it under a bench and out of the way when I don't need it.

As others have said, this is one of the most used tools in my shop.

Does anyone know how to rebuild a Harbor Freight hydraulic cart to fix the bleed down? When new, mine was fine. After I used it to lift the top of my workbench into place, it began to bleed down. I have tried adjusting the control valve cable with no improvement. I sort of suspect the valve.