Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a cordless electric lawn mower?

Im pretty rough on mowers. have some ditches and they are a pain. Last Ive burned out a toro personal pace mower that was a joy and a great mower, now not only doenst personal pace its like going to the gym compared to a regular mower. Ton of drag from what pulled it along nicely.

Neighbours offered me a 42" ride on mower, I said I dont need it, they said try it, I said no I dont need it, they said just try it. I tried it and I was back to 12 years old when I got my first mini bike. I almost cut the lawn now when it doesnt need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Velasquez View Post
    I should have mentioned this in my first post, we do mulch with the ego. Mowing grass is my wife's quiet time for herself, so she mows a lot; it seldom gets too high. But if it rains a lot for consecutive days it does take some adjustments.
    It will take more than one mowing to get it back down. She doesn't mow more than a third of its height at one time, and not more than an inch or so regardless. She might overlap each pass by a half instead of an inch or two. In those cases it would take more than a single charge. She will do the back, than use the weeds whacker to do the trimming while the battery charges, then the front.

So, yes, it is not as powerful as a gas mower wrt mulching very tall grass, but that extra power would pretty much be wasted. Using Kev Williams's 6" grass as an example; she would never cut that to height in one pass regardless of how much power the mower had.
    Interesting to hear the Ego will mulch. According to Roger Cook of This Old House, it is best to not cut too much off a blade of grass at one time. It's also better to keep the blade(s) sharp so as to get a clean cut.

Blog Entries

I bought a Toro

Thanks for the advice, I bought a Toro from Home Depot, I had a 10% coupon that saved me $40.
    Anybody want to buy a Honda gas mower😊
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    I have a Honda gas mower, and while it does an excellent job of cutting & mulching, I've grown tired of the hassle of dealing with gas, oil and other maintenance chores. My wife has trouble using it & she loves to mow the lawn. The next mower will be a cordless. Thanks to all who have reported on their experiences.