Thread: S'hanger update

S'hanger update

Meeting with an electrician tomorrow to talk about shop wiring BoM. Of course the s'hanger is full of household storage currently.

Unknown.jpeg

Really it is. The picture lies.

Now if I can just get the house remodel ready for the flooring so I can have playtime.

It can be frustrating to deal with delays in having your "laire" setup for play, but it's also good to look at it from the other direction: You're starting with a clean slate here and a wonderful space. Planning things out carefully and getting all your infrastructure in while you have clean space (once the household goods are in the household...) is a whole lot easier and efficient.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yep. It’s a struggle. Is it your break or mine? Beer?

The rest of the story...

The electrician is my SIL's father. He is willing to donate time/work if his son works with him. His son is in the tax business - so, I'm being delayed by my 'uncle'. If the tax season is extended, SIL will stop working weekends.

Anyway, I think we landed on a conduit run from rear center breaker box along two walls to near the s'hanger door for 6 120 receptacles and 4 220, 3 circuits as the DC will be dedicated. Will run another conduit run and a series of SO cable drops right of center with 4 120 (2 circuits) drops and 4 220 (2 circuits) drops to within 6-8' of the floor (depending on how high I can comfortably reach when we make the drops). We have to 'dodge' the sky lights - yes there is condensation inside when it is cold outside and the water drips. I was think a duct bank maybe 12' off the floor. The electrician is saying conduit on the beams/ purloins and make the drops from there.

I've not decided if the DC goes near the back corner opposite the gaming center or the far wall near the s'hanger door. I sometimes think about putting it outside and diverting the return air inside or outside. Its the humidity that keeps gnawing at me.

I checked on one of those big ceiling fans. At $7500, I'm passing.

At least I had an excuse to rub some of the storage dust from the motor plates on the bandsaw, the lathe, the RAS, the belt sander, the 12" grinder, and the DC. It was a special time.
    Last edited by Eugene Dixon; 03-06-2021 at 9:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Wilson View Post
    Yep. It’s a struggle. Is it your break or mine? Beer?
    Have to get the SIL to install the return box or will have to set up a catch bag. The table has a single slate base. When it was moved to the s'hanger (a 20 mile journey), the guys stood the table on a long side. Gravity and some railroad tracks shifted the slate to the bottom side. Not sure if we can (re)center the slate without professional help.

I only have ginger beer and have given it up while on keto diet. But your welcome. Should be about ~ 6 hours from Music City, TN if you're coming through B'ham via I-65 and I-20. The route through Mentone maybe a few minutes shorter if you like the mountain drive (LOL!).

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Dixon View Post
    Have to get the SIL to install the return box or will have to set up a catch bag. The table has a single slate base. When it was moved to the s'hanger (a 20 mile journey), the guys stood the table on a long side. Gravity and some railroad tracks shifted the slate to the bottom side. Not sure if we can (re)center the slate without professional help.

I only have ginger beer and have given it up while on keto diet. But your welcome. Should be about ~ 6 hours from Music City, TN if you're coming through B'ham via I-65 and I-20. The route through Mentone maybe a few minutes shorter if you like the mountain drive (LOL!).
    I’m in Atlanta for the weekend so you are only two hours or so away. It would be fun to get together. I am an East Tennessee redneck so mountain roads are no problem. Someday.

Thomas,

Sorry, just saw this post. Yep, ~2 hrs to Atlanta. Maybe 2.5-3 to I-40W and the mountain trail.

I coop'd in Oak Ridge (Y-12) when I was going to undergrad school and traveled all over East TN when I was in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Dixon View Post
    Thomas,

Sorry, just saw this post. Yep, ~2 hrs to Atlanta. Maybe 2.5-3 to I-40W and the mountain trail.

I coop'd in Oak Ridge (Y-12) when I was going to undergrad school and traveled all over East TN when I was in town.
    Which school? I worked at X-10 for 20 years.

Coop'd as an undergrad, Auburn. Spent a lot of time with the Oak Ridge Jaycees when there.

I worked a couple of quarters with Jim King at Y-12. I think his wife worked at X-10. Seemed she shared her name with some singer of note at the time, maybe Carol King.

I went to Georgia Tech. They had a big co-op program. But, I have strong ties to Alabama and Auburn. War Eagle or more correctly, Waaaaah-aye-iggle!

That's awful nice for a Ramblin Wreck to say. Thank you.