Thread: What to do with my Triton 3¼ hp router?

Question What to do with my Triton 3¼ hp router?

I just upgraded my router table from a Triton 3¼ hp w/ Woodpecker plate to a Woodpecker PLR V2 w/ a Milwaukee 3½ hp. I already have 2 PC690's with all the different bases (regular, d handle and plunge). I also have both the corded and battery version of the Ridgid Palm size router. Not sure how much use the Triton would get for non table use. It's kinda big and bulky. Do I just try to sell it? Shipping would be a pretty penny, probably in the $25-30 range.

Thoughts?
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

Blog Entries
    If you have a tablesaw with an extension table you could throw it in as a secondary router table. I have run into situations where having a second table can come in handy.
    Andrew Gibson
    Program Manger and Resident Instructor
    Florida School Of Woodwork

What Andrew said...it can be very useful for both heavier hand-held work as well as a great, low cost solution for a secondary router table setup since it natively has features that are helpful for table use.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Gibson View Post
    If you have a tablesaw with an extension table you could throw it in as a secondary router table. I have run into situations where having a second table can come in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    What Andrew said...it can be very useful for both heavier hand-held work as well as a great, low cost solution for a secondary router table setup since it natively has features that are helpful for table use.
    Originally that's what I had with my Freud. Then I got the router table with the Triton and never used the Freud. I finally got tired of always having to adjust the extension wing. No matter how tight I got the bolts it always sank. The issue now would be I just built a new cabinet under that wing, after I took out the Freud. Guess I could modify the cabinet some how. Take out the first few drawers. It is on wheels and not attached to the saw at all.
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

How about giving it away to a less affluent woodworker or a woodworking program. -Howard

Keep it. Routers are like clamps, there are never enough.

Blog Entries
    There's nothing wrong with having 2 router tables.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Ship it to me!

I have a Hitachi M12v that I used to use in a router table before I upgraded the table. I kept it around for a few years before I found a good used for it. I built a a planer jig for flattening slabs and cookies, that router handles that bit very well.