Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extension Trestle Table

Very nice looking table, Prashun. Why does the inlay look pretty noticeable in one picture, but I can't even find it in the other after enlarging your photo?

Very clean Prashun! I always enjoy seeing your projects.

Prashun, I am with our friend Jim on this one. I like everything about this! Well done Sir! Very well done!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That is one sleek looking table!

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Thanks.

... All that care taken, and I didn't plane away the knife mark for the stretcher dado...

Attachment 453794
    Attachment 453795
    kudos on the book matching. It looks great. The scribe line can be the reminder that this is a hand made piece. I have a king sized head board out in my shop all in pieces. I tried finishing every thing with a smoother but after finishing it the tool marks were driving me crazy, so back to the shop for a complete refinish. I prefinished the individual pieces and was disenchanted with the results. I don’t like sanding in doors, so now that the weather is breaking, I hope to knock that project out next.

Quote Originally Posted by Prashun Patel View Post
    Yes, the bolts go in by hand and yes it’s a 5 minute process. But it is a low tech solution for something that will be used about twice a year.
    That's clever, and an unusually practical approach.

Kudos

Very nice!
    For a table that might otherwise be relatively clean and simple, you took some trouble with details, both tactile and visual. For example, if a person was sitting at that table in their pajamas and kicked off their slippers, their feet are not going to run into anything unfriendly. The intrepid person would even discover some interesting facets on the support arms that mirror what's going on at the feet.

That's beautiful work Prashun!
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Thank you for the nice comments. One thing I don't think I mentioned: there is no glue used in the base. I was planning to glue it, but the dry fit went together well enough that I just drawbored it in a couple places and left the glue out.

Inspiring!

Blog Entries
    Wow, I really must come here more often. I love this table.

A really elegant and creative work that is masterfully finished. I love your work with the clean lines and subtle detail. Thanks for sharing!
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Thank you guys for your generous comments.

Sorry, Prashun, coming in late here. Really beautiful table. Lots of very nice details and a great finish. You’re going to love it every time you sit down.

Prashun, that is one gorgeous table. Every detail is nicely designed and executed. I’m curious how long it took you to build?