Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compressor kibitzing invited

I've decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. Worst case scenario is a 60-gal., single-stage, 5 hp, splash-lubricated Ingersoll Rand compressor with a cast iron pump. I think that's safely worth 400 of my bucks for a lightly used, well-maintained unit that sold new above $900.

Best case scenario is that it's a two-stage, 80-gallon, 7.5 hp, pressure-lubricated unit with an aftercooler, low oil light, and automatic tank drain. Those retail for well north of $2,500.

The reality is likely somewhere in between. I'm interested to find out.
    --Jack S. Llewyllson

Gratitude is a gift to yourself.

Purity tests are the bane of human existence.

Codeine takes the pain from every muscle but the heart.

If you can get that 60 gallon 5hp single stage for that kind of money...it's a steal lightly used. My 60 gallon 3hp IR cost a lot more new! Do go for the auto drain regardless. Great investment for sure. I wouldn't be without it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    If you can get that 60 gallon 5hp single stage for that kind of money...it's a steal lightly used. My 60 gallon 3hp IR cost a lot more new! Do go for the auto drain regardless. Great investment for sure. I wouldn't be without it.
    Yes, I plan to do that. I think this gas passer will prove a very useful support to my shenanigans.
    --Jack S. Llewyllson

Gratitude is a gift to yourself.

Purity tests are the bane of human existence.

Codeine takes the pain from every muscle but the heart.