Thread: Cut resistant glove?

Cut resistant glove?

Hey guys,
    Can you recommend a good, cut resistant glove that is made in the USA? It would be used for hand carving, so dexterity would be nice.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John Serna View Post
    Hey guys,
    Can you recommend a good, cut resistant glove that is made in the USA? It would be used for hand carving, so dexterity would be nice.
    Thanks!
    I bought one years ago from Woodcraft but I have no experience with any other.

A google search with kevlar carving glove gave me a bunch of hits including some comparison pages that might be useful.

I like the idea of those with leather palms but I haven't tried carving with one. Might protect from stabs which can go through a woven mesh.

JKJ

When I find a cut resistant glove ....I will throw down the gauntlet !! ‘Cuz I’m getting real tired of spraying it with WD-40 !!

I actually have lots of experience with cut resistant gloves from my day job and I have yet to find one that truly allows for dexterity due to the thickness of the material. There are some options that allow a bit of dexterity, I think Dex Fit is a brand I have used, but they dont really protect much better than a pair of stretch work gloves. The tight fitting cloth versions of cut gloves are better than the actual metal chain mail for handling, but neither version will stop punctures. the cloth gloves are also very much CUT RESISTANT which is entirely different than cut proof. When we train people on wearing the cloth gloves at work we usually also turn on a meat slicer and cut right through the cut glove, goes through like butter, so everyone knows resistance is not proof against injury. That being said, any of them are better than nothing.

stay safe

Hey I'm still new here, but can support your Auzssage. The gloves are very important and your presented brand I can only recommend.

What other brands can you recommend?

I never found one I liked, stopped using them years ago.

Look for Kevlar or stainless steel, I got one from Amazon and after 16 stitches I read the label and it was glass fibers , throw the rest away!