Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Benchtop CNC $2500-3000, What Companies Have the Best Phone Support, Etc?

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL A DALEN View Post
    BAckorder was 5 months for me.

You can't go wrong with OneFinity.

And whether you like it or now, great customer service is absolutely essential. Something will go wrong, and you'll need their help to fix it. OneFinity is terrific here too.

I very much agree! A great machine at a great price. High quality and top-notch customer support.
    David

2. thats ur opinion...as i said its an ok cnc but it lacks several key features to make it a cnc i would buy..as long as you are happy.thats what matters though....there are many people that like the laughable bobs cnc.which is probably the worse mass marketed cnc made...but hey they are happy..so its ok....i would not buy a onefinity currently///much bigger and better alternatives for same price ...i dont care how a cnc looks like...a powerful stepper motor and nice power vfd spindle are criticla to be able to do better output..the steppers on the onefinity are tiny only 140oz of torque thats pretty sad..they should be minimum 279oz torque..and it needs a structure or bed to tie the y rails togethe...im not a fan of "screw onto workbenches cncs " as a proper bed.
    Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 12-02-2021 at 5:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy sanderson View Post
    thats ur opinion...as i said its an ok cnc but it lacks several key features to make it a cnc i would buy..as long as you are happy.thats what matters though....there are many people that like the laughable bobs cnc.which is probably the worse mass marketed cnc made...but hey they are happy..so its ok....i would not buy a onefinity currently///much bigger and better alternatives for same price ...i dont care how a cnc looks like...a powerful stepper motor and nice power vfd spindle are criticla to be able to do better output..the steppers on the onefinity are tiny only 140oz of torque thats pretty sad..they should be minimum 279oz torque..and it needs a structure or bed to tie the y rails togethe...im not a fan of "screw onto workbenches cncs " as a proper bed.

That's not an opinion - it's a fact. A great machine at a great price. High quality and top-notch customer support.
    David

although onefinity isnt too bad and has a couple features i like..thats about it and ..im not a fan of the machine and would not buy one personally

there are way better machines for same price that are just overall better machines and much larger machinable area.

larger stepper motors...superor spindle...and have structure / bed with good cable management
    Such as?

John

thats not a fact..thats your opinion.

specs dont lie people lie

are you an influencer for onefinity?
    Why so negative Jeremy? No - I am not an "influencer". I have several friends who own the OneFinity so I know this from first hand experience. Simply fabulous machines and they couldn't be happier with them. Very ruggedly built, very accurate, great reliability, and the customer support (which by the way they have hardly needed) is terrific. You can quote "specs" till the "cows come home", but the proof is in the pudding.
    David

Jeremy, I see, based on your post count, you may be pretty new to this forum, excuse me if I'm wrong.

One of the great things about Sawmillcreek, we have many people with varying skills and knowledge.

Most share this with others without taking up a black/white, right/wrong position on subjects, procedures, techniques, etc.. and if they don't agree, will usually offer alternatives to enlighten others that are reading, these threads, trying to learn from people with more experience.

You sound like you know what you are talking about, but are not offering any real suggestions as to better products, in your opinion, and we all have those, to help the broaden the knowledge of the uneducated in these topics.

If you don't like product A, great, but tell us about product B,C or D that you think is/are superior in the same price/value range.

Enlighten us please.

7. thank you and yes knowledge does help but a lot of common sense even better (which unfort many people lack or choose to just not use) .im definitely not a very smart person but thats not important in making a good choice..research real specs/data and common sense is how i operate.. .i learned..from others ..however its not a secret which products are superior overall as there are thousands of cnc manufacture out there.i mean dont get me wrong pretty much any cnc is capable to some extent and can definitely do nice projects however there definitely are much better choices......i already posted the better choices....just becasue a cnc can do this or that does not mean is a great cnc...it just means it can do what pretty much any cnc can do...

so please just search and you will see

remember one key thing...specs are what matter...not pretty colors ..not fancy marketing tactics/gimmicks ..not paid influencers...or popularity....so if you stick to specs only you should be able to make a good buying decision....as i said the onefinity is a decent choice....but i would not buy one for the reasons i have mentioned...and im comparing vs others in same DIY home hobby sector...

case in point..mr inventables aka xcarve..and Bobs cnc and mr carvewright ......3 of the worse mass marketed cnc machines made however they are very popular...why? because of all the paid influencers , social media like utube and fbook and the very smart marketing brainwashing tactics mr inventables and bob and mr carvewright uses...the common sense people can see through all the cheesy tactics and see the specs of the machine fail miserably in many areas (compared to competition) in same price range.

if you just break down all cnc based on materials they pretty much all are very overpriced and have very high markups...some higher and less than others..but generally speaking compared to other products based on product make up they are way overpriced.....if you just look at what $2000 will buy in the tooling world you can get some pretty nice robust well made products ...drill presses lathes table saws..for 2k you could prob get an entire shop of tools ..i bet the actual markup of a typical home hobby cnc is about 200-300%. whereas a table saw or drill press prob has a markup of 25-50%...but hey as long as people keep paying these prices the manuf will continue with the high prices..

have a great day.
    Last edited by jeremy sanderson; 12-03-2021 at 12:07 PM.

there definitely are much better choices......i already posted the better choices....
    Actually you didn't. You slagged some options and expressed a general preference for older machines. If you do have recommendations for new low cost cnc routers, by all means share them.

...i bet the actual markup of a typical home hobby cnc is about 200-300%. whereas a table saw or drill press prob has a markup of 25-50%..
    This is incorrect. Margins are, in fact, very low on most machinery at this level. As a general rule, the lower the price point, the slimmer the margin. Machines in this price range are depending on volume sales, rather than margin-per-unit, to generate a profit.

Also, the fallacy in this argument is that only cost is the materials matters. For whatever reason, many consumers seem intent on ignoring the costs associated with running a business operation, of which the manufacturing part is just one slice of the pie.

Also, why would a customer care what the margins are? Are you getting a fair product for your dollar? That's all that I care about. The market self-selects for successful products. This is why many manufacturers offer two or more tiers of product. Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infiniti, Honda/Acura, etc. In my experience, there is pretty high attrition among products that don't fit the marketplace. If someone offers a machine that is x-many $$$ and the market embraces it, then they must be doing something right.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

To each their own. I looked at a lot of different brands in this price range and each one had design features that I didn't like. Things like belts and wheels riding on aluminum tracks. That just seemed like a place for failure and accuracy issues. The 1F isn't perfect and does have limitations. If not careful the lead screw nuts can get packed with sawdust for example. As far as the stepper motors being too small, I guess it depends on what you are trying to do. I once made a mistake creating G code in Fusion and didn't use the step down function. With a 1/4" down cut bit the machine had no problems cutting 1/2" deep in one pass until the bit broke. When I recreated the g-code and ran it on the same piece there was no difference in accuracy. The tool followed the same path.

If you plan on making lots of raised panels with a very large bit in one pass I don't know of any $3k machine that is capable. If someone does then they should tell us about it. After all the OP asked about CNC routers in this price range. I certainly have no problem admitting that another machine has a feature I would like or even that it's "better". For example the Shapeoko has a very large group of users with lots of experience to answer almost any question in a very short period of time. If that's what you value the most then that would be a better machine.