Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best router lift for installing in a saw extension table?

My experience is that getting a one-off of anything made, from any kind of shop, is going to start at $100 and go up quickly from there. If it involves an expensive machine or highly skilled operator the starting point is much higher.

what is metric about the metric version?

Does anyone know what is metric about the metric version of the Incra/JessEm table? Is it just different labels on the read-outs or is the table or something else actually made to even metric dimensions and different from the Imperial version? I called to ask but only talked to a machine and no one has called back.

I've converted my shop to all metric measurement, so would prefer any read-outs to be in metric units. If there are parts that are going to be scarce in the US I'd like to know about that.

What is different about the metric vs imperial? My guess, and it is that, is the thread pitch of the lift is different, similar to the Incra TS-LS Positioner. One full rotation might be 1/16" on the imperial and maybe 1mm on the metric, all controlled by the thread pitch, and the laser engraved scales printed accordingly.