Thread: Anybody know what's going on with OWWM?

Anybody know what's going on with OWWM?

Hi All. This past week I registered for OWWM and went thru the usual screening, moderated mode and finally approved. Along with that email I got an access password to which got me logged in and of course as per the email I went to the profile page and changed it to my own. I logged in the next day no issues but after that it has been a continuous loop of " Too many attempts " ? with the added Captcha( which I answered correctly but still can't log in. I have tried to contact the site administrator without success and no other means of figuring out what's going on. Anybody else had similar experience? If so, how did you get it resolved?

Cheers and Happy Humpday!

I haven’t had that issue. I just logged on and it works fine. Are you by any chance confusing OWWM with vintage machinery?

Try a different device.

I have not registered with Vintage Machinery and I have tried different devices, cleared cookies, turned off my VPN...everything and no response from the administrator...??? I even posted on the support forum but that post is also gone...Every attempt to log in says that I have exceeded the attempt amounts and that I now have to fill in the captcha which I do and then it just loops back to " Too many attempts...." and a different captcha?
    Last edited by Si Wood; 03-03-2021 at 8:09 PM.

I’ve logged in a few times in the last several days, including just a few minutes ago, with no problems. I’m not a tech savant, so I can’t suggest any fix for you. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Not a thorough troubleshooting path for sure but, make sure you are going to the site directly and not using a shortcut. Although many sites will take you to the password page when an actual already logged in page is bookmarked, not all do this well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler