Thread: Mice

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mice

I live in the United kingdom and every winter despite my best efforts I get field mice taking refuge in my workshop
    To identify if I have mice in the workshop I place a potato or apple on the floor and watch to see if it gets nibbled I then use a humane trap to catch the mice then release them back into the wild

Two days ago I discovered a nibbled apple in the workshop I forgot where I had stored the humane trap and had to use kill traps
    I placed 5 traps in the workshop baited with chocolate The following day I found every fragment of chocolate had been eaten but no mouse
    I was so impressed I searched the house for the humane traps and placed 2 in the workshop

Today I found the field mouse alive in the humane trap The mouse appeared to be exhausted having spent the night trying to escape so I put him in a large plastic container with some water and chocolate and will release him/her later today

To give you an indication of the size of the mouse you can compare him/her to the blades of grass and the leaf

I
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 03-03-2021 at 5:50 AM.