Thread: Makita LS1018 mitre saw table rotating issues and rod not going into detents

Makita LS1018 mitre saw table rotating issues and rod not going into detents

I was able to pick up a Makita LS1018LN for pretty cheap the other day (£40) since there were some problems with it and I am trying to see if I can fix it. The main issue is that the table does not rotate very well nor does it lock into the detents. It kind of grinds and moves with difficulty when you try to rotate it, and if you look at the lock shaft from under and the side, you can see that the end of it is not actually going into the detents. It is slightly above them (see picture).

Could the table have gotten off alignment (vertically)? Is it possible to fix the table or does it need a new table? Do I need to disassemble and remove the table to see if there is anything under it causing this mis-alignment?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you taken it apart, cleaned the track the table rotates in, and re-greased it? Mine improved a lot when I did that, though the detents still no longer as positive a stop as they did when they were new.

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    Have you taken it apart, cleaned the track the table rotates in, and re-greased it? Mine improved a lot when I did that, though the detents still no longer as positive a stop as they did when they were new.
    This, make sure the spring is working as it should to, it's what centers the detents.