Thread: Hammer A3-41A Jointer - It’s Alive

Unhappy Hammer A3-41A Jointer - It’s Alive

I’m sorry, but I just had to share.

Between snow storms, scheduling equipment movers and work, it has taken too long way too long to do, but I finally had a chance to connect up and try out my new jointer today. For a quick test, I ran some cherry and maple through that I had on hand.

All I can say is “WOW! It is sweet”. Dead flat and a perfect 90 degrees (at least as far as I can tell with the straight edge and square). And the finish it leaves behind is so smooth, it almost doesn’t need sanding at all. I don’t think I’ll be missing my Grizzly 8” at all.

For anyone on the fence about getting a Hammer, all I can say is “get off the fence” and place the order. You won’t regret it!

The “dial in” was easy, since all I had to do was check it. Everything was ready to go right from the factory. All I really had to do was attach the fence and hook up my dust collector.

Here it is in my shop, all setup and ready to go.

1BDA675F-2799-4FB7-9361-596234886001.jpg

Now to get an electrician scheduled so I can get my new 20” Powermatic planer and Camaster Stinger II hooked up and dialed in.

When that is done it will be time to start putting some “for sale” ads on the Creek and eBay.

I see years of fun times ahead.
    Last edited by James Cheever; 03-02-2021 at 8:26 PM.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

I have the A3-41 jointer/planer machine, and you are right about the surface finish. Those Silent Power cutting heads are the bees knees. Enjoy your new toy.

Glad you're enjoying it, I'm on my second A3 and am very happy with it.

It's Felder's number one seller..........Regards, Rod.

Congrats James! I have the same machine coming, but they keep putting off the dates.

Maybe I should have ordered mine from the east coast and paid the extra freight. All the west coast stuff is delayed.

You will love it, Rod, when it comes.

You're right, they do take a while.

I ordered in June and got a bit of discount because I was willing to wait until November/December. It finally made it to me in late January.

Seemed like forever, but now I know it was worth the wait.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

Still kicking myself for getting the 31 over the 41. At the time it was $1,000 difference. Only thing i have to say is make sure you keep planer table lubed, the cast seams to absorb it pretty quick and it will stop feeding. otherwise I love it and its a huge space saver

Yea, I ordered mine in June, too. But they sent the first boat to the east coast. The second boat isn't set to sail for the west coast until April, due to Covid delayed parts shortages.

I'm retiring at the end of the month, so hopefully not too much longer.