Thread: for you musicians that care

for you musicians that care

Before this cabinet making thing I worked with musicians and saw people do well and grow and get better constantly. Some have played with everyone.

If you are a musician the teaching now is 1000 times what the old musicians had. If you are a player and not aware of Rick Beato check out some of his you tubes where he takes a musician and dissects their gear or writing or or. Ive watched Larry Carlton, Sting, Guthrie Govan and tons more. Yesterday watched the Lukathur you tube. All the things he does like the interview with Larry Carlton give you interesting history but even more so a renewed respect for the talent and level of playing and getting better and better.

Here he intevriews Steve and if you are too busy or not intersted but a guitar player go into 24 minutes in just to listen to Steves playing. open and free, incredible outside note choices and combination and phrasing then at the end says he did it out of respect to Larry Carlton and if you watched the Larry interview that is apparent. The playing in that solo is the stuff ive loved for over 40 years. Outside stuff which I love but its powerful and musical all the time. If you watch the Guthrie one where he dissects his blues playing its really clear the level that guy runs at. He is for sure part alien. Enough fast players are more about speed that having musical stuff to play. I dont know if Guthrie could ever slow down but at warp speed he puts so much extra stuff in and is musical all the time

this one on steve, either way if you are a musician and dont know about Rick you will learn from him. If I still played id study his you tubes, Many where he teaches you just what is being played. Then its good luck after that

What makes Steve Lukathur great, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuCscgfbtw4
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 02-28-2021 at 2:30 PM.

Warren, I've watched a few Beato videos. The one where he analyzes the arrangement of the G. Lightfoot song "If You Could Read My Mind" was a real eye-opener and got me interested in more.

thanks not seen it and will, they are all great interviews and teaching, how about intros on songs, or outros. Rick has taken tons of time and its hard thing to do then he even teaches you how to play some of the stuff as he analyzes it. Its not fair compared to when we were young

He played Steves playing on Rossanna and at the end fade time blazing hot burning solo. Lightfoot is not far from here and is at christmas dinners with friends sister. Friend spent fair bit of time talking with Gordon and likely other of the musicians his sister has worked with over the years. Lady that used to cut my hair lived close the Good Brothers in Richmond Hill and would go over and they were there at times with Gordon playing and singing on the porch. I was working with people then and lucked out as a top blues band rented a home that was 40 feet from my bedroom window. I could come home from school and lay on my bed and listen to them belt out tune after tune rehearsing in the basement both back windows open, then see them play in clubs at night. Lots of good memories.

Beato has a good one on J. S. Bach. He was centuries ahead of his time and still influences music today.

Plus one on the Rick Beato fan club. I am in no way a musician. Can't play an instrument and certainly can't sing, but I do like music. I have a much greater appreciation of music and musicians from listening to Rick's YouTube channel.
    Loran Galey
    Do good and be good and you will be happy.

Blog Entries
    I'm not a musician, but I love Beato's channel. Always interesting.