Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blood...

I cut myself a lot, but rarely on blades, chisels, etc. It's always a sharp 90 degree edge on wood (usually hard maple), a sliver, or bumping against a rough surface. I can totally relate to the thinning and dry skin issues. I'll have to look into those collagen peptides mentioned above.

I am on blood thinners and I keep a box of "Quickstop" band aids on hand in the shop. Stops the bleeding quickly, unless you want to finish your whole project in blood as in the "Red Violin".
    https://www.amazon.com/Curad-Quickst...69228534&psc=1

I believe I tried “oxi clean” to remove blood from raw oak; it turned the oak black where the solution touched the oak. This was worse than the blood. I suggest trying whatever method on a sample piece of wood before cleaning the primary piece.

Thanks for the replies. A green scrubbie and some water got most of it out. I'm pretty good at avoiding all of the usual sharp stuff in the shop, but it is the occasional sharp edge or corner on a piece of stock that seems to get me. I do keep several different clotting agents and lots of bandaids in the medicine cabinet in the shop bathroom, and they get used on a regular basis.

Consider it an upgrade--Bloodwood at pine prices!

Matt

When desperate, dinner table pepper stops bleeding from small injuries quite well. I keep salt and pepper shakers in my shop. The salt gets sometimes used in very small quantities to stop slippage in glue joints. But fortunately, they get used more for lunch.

Charley