Thread: Space saving planner?

Space saving planner?

Arrrg! I sold my PM15” planner & 8” jointer back in 2013 to make room for a new CNC router in my small, crowded 2-car garage shop. I no longer build “furniture” but sorely miss being able to accurately size rough lumber. Fast forward to 2021... I would like to find a good quality bench-top/portable planner that is snipe free and has the smallest foot print possible. The DW735 gets good reviews but the DW734 looks to have a smaller footprint. Price is a consideration but compact is the main concern. What would you choose? Are there better options?
    Please help support the Creek.

During the middle ages they celebrated the end of the plague with wine and orgies. Does anyone know if there is anything planned when this one ends?

---

I don't think you will find a better compact option than a DW735. I really loved mine, and you can't beat it for the size. Its one of those universally liked tools.

I have a dw 734 and I'm happy with it. I found this article to be helpful in comparing the dw734 and 735

https://thetoolsguide.com/dewalt-dw7...20the%20DW734.

I have the older DW733 with the 2 sharpenable blades. I made a jig to let me sharpen them and I have a spare set. It takes about 20 minutes to change them out but with the alignment tool provided it's easy to get them aligned. I prefer being able to sharpen at no cost any time.