Thread: Sharkmouth converted to overhead mount

Sharkmouth converted to overhead mount

Been using the Sharkmouth (first version) for several years now. It's not to bad of a unit to use. Wish the mount was a little different, but that's more to blame on the way the saw was built. My only two beefs were for my saw it could be a touch longer as it wants to rest on the front of the throat plate and makes it tip. The other beef is when doing 45° cut the adjustable lever they use hits the throat plate so you have to carve out a portion of your plate so it doesn't interfere and it's not easy to remove the lever.

So when I saw they had an option to covert it to overhead/overarm I jumped on it. With the exception of some bolts, washers and Sharkmouth, all the parts are from McMaster-Carr. I will need to add a sway control brace (left/right) movement. A full height strut on the top probably would of helped but I was trying to gain as much height adjustment as possible. Granted that probably only bought me 3/4" or so. I can get just over 15½" of vertical movement on it.

Photo Feb 26, 5 22 36 PM.jpg Photo Feb 26, 5 22 51 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Jim Fox; 02-27-2021 at 10:34 AM.
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

Looks good Jim. Im assuming you welded the two "feet" at the ends of the struts?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Fenneuff View Post
    Looks good Jim. Im assuming you welded the two "feet" at the ends of the struts?
    No welding. You can order those pre-welded direct from McMaster-Carr as well. Link to Strut with plate
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

Do you mean Shark Guard?