Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veritas pocket layout square, it's so tiny!

Veritas pocket layout square, it's so tiny!

So I bought one, it is less than $10

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...e?item=05N5410

It seems to tiny, and I know exactly how I will use it!

pocket_square_01.jpg

Yes that is next to two pens. They are larger than most pens, but, I did not get the sense for size even though Lee Valley has a pencil in their photo.

It is so handy that I just bought my 2nd one.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I bought mine Andrew. Even though they state the dimensions and show a picture, you really just cant visualize it. Nice little tool though.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

Sort of like the Woodpeckers DelVe Square with a few less features and much less expensive.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I keep mine in my woodworking apron pocket. It makes a good partner to the LV precision square which also lives there.

In addition to the tiny Veritas square, I recently bought one of these Milwaukee 4 1/2" squares.
    LINK
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    - Sir Edmund Burke

That milwaukee square is even the right color to blend with my other red tools :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Sort of like the Woodpeckers DelVe Square with a few less features and much less expensive.
    I own one of those also :-)

Starrette has had one with a sliding rule for years. Too expensive as a tool ....but just right for a wife’s birthday!

You guys are killing me.

I'm trying to stop.

A few yeras ago on a whim, I bought a Starrett 14A (2.5"sliding blade). Diminutive, but it has come hand at times.

Hmmm..
    Shop Clean out , tool pile 1.JPG
    Set to a different setting on each....

Blog Entries
    The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys.

Blog Entries
    I’m glad you posted this, because I thought about buying one and held my fingers apart to the listed dimension and said, “good grief, that’s small.” So do I really need one when I keep a 6” Starrett combination square at all times- even put it under my pillow when I sleep? (Just kidding, but don’t put it past me.). Seems a 4” combo square if you want less bulk in the pocket would still be more useful.

Not hating here- on the contrary, I’m looking for an excuse to get one. It just seems small.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I’m glad you posted this, because I thought about buying one and held my fingers apart to the listed dimension and said, “good grief, that’s small.” So do I really need one when I keep a 6” Starrett combination square at all times- even put it under my pillow when I sleep? (Just kidding, but don’t put it past me.). Seems a 4” combo square if you want less bulk in the pocket would still be more useful.

Not hating here- on the contrary, I’m looking for an excuse to get one. It just seems small.
    me too. Been looking at it a few months. Was thinking maybe 2” to 2.5”