Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veritas pocket layout square, it's so tiny!

Veritas pocket layout square, it's so tiny!

So I bought one, it is less than $10

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop...e?item=05N5410

It seems to tiny, and I know exactly how I will use it!

pocket_square_01.jpg

Yes that is next to two pens. They are larger than most pens, but, I did not get the sense for size even though Lee Valley has a pencil in their photo.

It is so handy that I just bought my 2nd one.

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I bought mine Andrew. Even though they state the dimensions and show a picture, you really just cant visualize it. Nice little tool though.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Sort of like the Woodpeckers DelVe Square with a few less features and much less expensive.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

I keep mine in my woodworking apron pocket. It makes a good partner to the LV precision square which also lives there.

In addition to the tiny Veritas square, I recently bought one of these Milwaukee 4 1/2" squares.
    LINK
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

That milwaukee square is even the right color to blend with my other red tools :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Luter View Post
    Sort of like the Woodpeckers DelVe Square with a few less features and much less expensive.
    I own one of those also :-)

Starrette has had one with a sliding rule for years. Too expensive as a tool ....but just right for a wife’s birthday!

You guys are killing me.

I'm trying to stop.

A few yeras ago on a whim, I bought a Starrett 14A (2.5"sliding blade). Diminutive, but it has come hand at times.

Hmmm..
    Shop Clean out , tool pile 1.JPG
    Set to a different setting on each....

Blog Entries
    The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys.

Blog Entries
    I’m glad you posted this, because I thought about buying one and held my fingers apart to the listed dimension and said, “good grief, that’s small.” So do I really need one when I keep a 6” Starrett combination square at all times- even put it under my pillow when I sleep? (Just kidding, but don’t put it past me.). Seems a 4” combo square if you want less bulk in the pocket would still be more useful.

Not hating here- on the contrary, I’m looking for an excuse to get one. It just seems small.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    I’m glad you posted this, because I thought about buying one and held my fingers apart to the listed dimension and said, “good grief, that’s small.” So do I really need one when I keep a 6” Starrett combination square at all times- even put it under my pillow when I sleep? (Just kidding, but don’t put it past me.). Seems a 4” combo square if you want less bulk in the pocket would still be more useful.

Not hating here- on the contrary, I’m looking for an excuse to get one. It just seems small.
    me too. Been looking at it a few months. Was thinking maybe 2” to 2.5”