Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veritas pocket layout square, it's so tiny!

I sometimes have things where 4" feels too large. Checking square for a blade relative to my tormek jig, marking on a small board ( remember I made toothpick boxes). Some things with dovetails. Checking blade squareness to the sides.

You should see my tiny combo square to check tiny dovetail tails for square.

I have one of these from Vesper tools. I needed the tiny parts for some of the smaller things that I do. A very nice square to be sure.

I also have a woodpeckers mini square

I particularly like this one when I am checking a chisel blade to see if the edge is square to the sides.

how often does Lee Valley have free shipping? I was going to order the little guy but shipping for the $9.50 tool was $7.95 . . . . so i added it to my wish list

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    how often does Lee Valley have free shipping? I was going to order the little guy but shipping for the $9.50 tool was $7.95 . . . . so i added it to my wish list
    Free shipping at $30 for the entire pandemic period. ( Previously free shipping offers were usually for $40 or more and occurred IIRC for a month every couple of months. Megan Fitzpatrick once wrote a blog entry about useful items to pad orders with. Their economy marking / striking knife led that list, of course that was back when it was ~$10. This square is probably on the current version of that list.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McCarthy View Post
    As David mentioned free shipping now starts at $30. This is less than the periodic free shipping in the past.

One the Lee Valley home page is a header to choose which department you are interested in viewing. The drop down menu has Featured Items on the right. In most categories it has Closeout Items. This will take you to a page of some rather neat choices to fill out your shopping experience.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/clearance-products

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim and David, thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Free shipping at $30 for the entire pandemic period. ( Previously free shipping offers were usually for $40 or more and occurred IIRC for a month every couple of months. Megan Fitzpatrick once wrote a blog entry about useful items to pad orders with. Their economy marking / striking knife led that list, of course that was back when it was ~$10. This square is probably on the current version of that list.)
    If you don’t have the Pica dry pencil yet, get one, and get the white lead for marking darker woods. Thank me later.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    If you don’t have the Pica dry pencil yet, get one, and get the white lead for marking darker woods. Thank me later.
    Well, it's Patrick trying to pad his order. (I never seem to have trouble with the $40 threshold. ) But thank you, I'll look at the Pico pencil.