Thread: Need Help Identifying this Jorgensen Clamp (see attached pictures)

Need Help Identifying this Jorgensen Clamp (see attached pictures)

6EA12A2E-DCA3-45B0-B876-6C92EA5CBEE9.jpgD7C2BF6C-A64F-4C84-84E3-B59D05A44878.jpegWas on a recent rust hunt and came across this Jorgensen clamp that I can’t remember ever seeing before. The bar says “Jorgensen #3618 made in the USA” and then in very small print near the base of the spring-tensioned lever (sorry if I’m using the wrong terminology) it says “Patent Pend. 3704”. I’ve been scouring the internet and can’t seem to find any similar images so now I’m a bit more curious about its history. Or, maybe it was a total dud and never received a patent. Any help or insight would be much appreciated. I always love to learn.

The lever quick release was sold seperately to be added to the clamp. I had some, found them to be a knuckle buster, gave them away.

I have three of them (must have been all they had wherever I bought them; don't think I would buy an odd number on purpose). Guessing it must have been at least 20 years ago. Pretty sure they predate the common style of quick clamps that are everywhere today. Mine say 3701 on the fixed jaw, 3703 on the movable jaw, 3704 on the lever mechanism, and 3712 (probably 12", yours may be 18") on the bar. As John said, the lever mechanism snaps on/off.

I don't use them that often, but when I need a few extra smaller clamps, they work fine for me.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Thanks John. I had a suspicion that it might have been an add-on but didn’t want to try prying it off only to find I had dismantled part of something that wasn’t supposed to be taken apart. Story of my life..... I’m excellent at demo, putting back together is an entirely different ballgame.

Thanks for taking the time to look through your inventory and provide this helpful detail.