I'm a new member here. I've been woodworking for quite a while now and it seems whenever I'm googling something about woodworking this is one of the places I end up a lot, so I figured I'd join. So thanks for all the info.

I know there is a lot of posts about paste wax, believe me my eyes are dry from reading so much, but I wanted to hear more current thoughts on this. I am looking for an excellent paste wax that doesn't smell too bad. I've always used Johnsons paste wax in the past, but I'm really tired of the smell of it. Even with doors and windows open and fans going when I'm done waxing my tools even my clothes reek of the gasoline like smell. Maybe mine is old or whatever, I don't know. I really just want to switch to something with carnauba in it too and maybe not killing so many of the few brain cells I have left.

I found collinite paste wax. It comes highly rated as "the best wax ever!" from around the internet. I see that a few people here use it. The thing is it has a small amount of silicone in it according to them via email, they said 2% in the 845 and a small amount in the 885.

I'm wondering if anybody has direct experience using either of these waxes or a paste wax with a small amount of silicone in it and if it has affected your finishes. I've read that only the silicone sprays cause the fish eyes and that the pastes are ok, I've also read that anything with paste wax is a big no no. I've read of large shops that do the woodwork and the finishing using paste waxes with silicone and never had a problem and I've of course read a lot of stay away stories, but all the stay away stories seem to be what they've heard and I haven't read any personal horror stories of a paste wax with a small bit of silicone ruining a project. I'm really hoping to hear what people that have direct experience with this say, either affecting your finish or not affecting it at all.