Thread: Harrison Simple Wood Hollowing system?

Harrison Simple Wood Hollowing system?

Anyone tried the Simple Wood Hollowing system from Harrison? A lot cheaper than the competition but looks kind of light weight. I'd be interested in others' experiences, especially in terms of its overall ruggedness and capacity.

I have their system and highly recommend it. It may look lightweight, but it's made out of aluminum and steel. I have not had any issues with it. The largest/deepest I have hollowed is around 7 1/2". After that it's a little dicey. If I had to buy over again, I would not hesitate. I do use the Robust flat tool rest with it. BTW, customer service is superb. I had an order that USPS could not locate last year. They immediately sent another, no questions asked. About three weeks later the original order arrived. I could not track that order through the postal service and neither could the post office. They had no idea where it went. Then it just showed up. I called Anne at Harrison's and I paid for the tool, even though they said it was not necessary. I then bought a handle to go on that tool and gifted it to my FIL. Win win for me, them, and FIL. Again, CS is great.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

It looks similar to the Monster system which is no longer available. These systems aren't made for real deep hollowing as Steve mentioned but they work beautifully for what they're designed for. That's a good price, I wouldn't hesitate.

I have their system, and think it is really good for up to about 8". Like Steve said, it is not really for deeper than that. For one thing, it is built for 1/2" shafts on the tools, and that is about as deep as I would want to go with one that size. It is really smooth operating, and easy to set up. I just use the tool rest that came with my 46-460, and have no problems in that regard.
    Tom
    The hurrier I goes, the behinder I gets.