Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A good utility knife?

Hi Lee,

They were double, not 4X. A pack of 50 Lennox blades was $10, and 50 Lennox Carbide blades were $20. They also carried TiN blades, but I did not see a 50 pack of them.

Lennox rates the TiN blades (three came with the cutter) as lasting 3X longer than regulars, and the carbide blades lasting 10X longer than regular.

I am sure I have a lifetime supply now.

I broke down two boxes this morning before going out to work on a rental we just bought, two replacements were waiting for me when I got home, plus an extra big one my wife got at an estate sale. At least she didn't go to Costco today, that would have been several more.

The final, final straw causing me to look for a more comfortable one to use was the 30-40 large boxes left in the new house I am working on. Took three weeks of trash pickups to get them all gone.

PS: Mine looks like the one in Tom King's video, but without the retracting blade, so no protrusions to blister my delicate little hands.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 02-28-2021 at 2:19 AM.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

One advantage of the retracting blade is that there are several positions that you can extend the blade. So, if you're opening a box with something in it, it only goes through the cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    They were double, not 4X. A pack of 50 Lennox blades was $10, and 50 Lennox Carbide blades were $20.
    Maybe at Lowes, but that price for regular blades sounds high. HD doesn't have Lennox, but for Stanley it was $10/100 (10 cents each) for regular and $20/50 (40 cents each) for carbide. Pricing varied a bit by brand, but almost all of the regular blades were 100-packs, while the carbides were 50-packs.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.