Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goto place for lumber in NJ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lisowski View Post
    Most of the places I have used have been mentioned, another is Monteath in Sayreville. Mostly domestics, tend to think they are on the high side but are convenient for me.
    Monteath is good for domestics. You pay a little sometimes depending on what you want but if you patron there enough or are a contractor or have some type of wood-working business they give you a discount.

btw - finding a local wood-mizer sawyer is another good option depending if you can wait to dry your wood.

Well this sort of falls into the category of lumber yard. But my brothers carpenter friend was shutting down her shop, so we got a chance to go shopping. I think thats probably the best deals you will get around town. Got 5 foot small slabs of cherry for like 15$. IMG_0139D.jpgIMG_0139D.jpgIMG_0139D.jpgIMG_0139D.jpgIMG_0141.jpg

Blog Entries
    I've bought from Boards and Beams many times, good selection and I thought the prices were OK
    Dennis

I use to buy all my lumber from US Mahogany in Aberdeen before they had the fire and they went out of business. Always had a Fri. after Thanksgiving sale and I used to load up. I now buy from Monteath and very rare occasion Williard Bro.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    I use to buy all my lumber from US Mahogany in Aberdeen before they had the fire and they went out of business. Always had a Fri. after Thanksgiving sale and I used to load up. I now buy from Monteath and very rare occasion Williard Bro.
    I only made it to US Mahogany once and I wasn't sure why they went out - thanks for the info on the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by David Feldbaum View Post
    I think thats probably the best deals you will get around town. Got 5 foot small slabs of cherry for like 15$. IMG_0141.jpg
    $15?!

That's two Happy meals.

*you suck*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    btw - finding a local wood-mizer sawyer is another good option depending if you can wait to dry your wood.
    +1 on Wood Mizer. I needed some oak with loads of flaws (character oak) to match our floors. I hunted off and on for almost two years. Somebody suggested Wood Mizer and I hit the jackpot in just a few calls.

Back in Kansas, there was this little family sawmill. They sold a lot of oak to cabinet makers who wanted only plain sawn. To them, quarter sawn oak was a by-product so they would sell it to me for cheap.

9. Board and Beam in Fairfield. Use them all the time.