Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of your project in your your home?

How many of your project in your your home?

I just was reading in another thread, where a fellow Creeker told of the number of his project in one room of his home. I stopped to count my projects in our home and was amazed. I counted 82!
    And that count does not include any outside of the home, in the yard or in my shop/garage.
    How many can you count?

Blog Entries
    After giving it some additional thought, I am up over 75 projects in my home. That doesn't count multiple items like picture frames, wood toys, curtain rods and brackets where I made several at the same time
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quantity or Quality?

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Quantity or Quality?

Regards from Perth

Derek
    40 years will get you a fair quantity of quality projects. I actually have no clue how many projects I made in my house. I do know there is something in every room and some rooms have nothing but projects I made.

John

Probably 20. I also have some in my kids houses which are like old friends when I visit.

In the house and 2nd floor of the shop I'm around 50 or so.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

I solved my "problem" by donating items to my church that happily raffles them quarterly. Allows me to explore new ideas without worrying about whether the kids have room for them
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

In our current house we had the builder build the shell and we did all the rest. From tile work to end tables and decks to docks, I cannot begin to imagine the final number.

Much the same for us, Terry.

With the exception of sofas, along with a few antiques and the diningroom table and original early bentwood chairs, every remaining piece of furniture was built by myself. Thus includes the kitchen, and built-in cabinets. I stopped counting a long time ago.

My wife frequently repeats that we do not need more, so now it is furnishing my son’s home, friends and family, as well as some shop furniture, and planning a new consulting room desk. Somehow and some way it just goes on and on

Regards from Perth

Derek
    Last edited by Derek Cohen; 02-25-2021 at 5:02 PM.

I'm not going to do an actual count, but it's a reasonably high number when you count furniture, decorative things like picture frames and other art objects, all the built-in cabinetry in our addition (master bath, guest bath, wet bar), the entire kitchen, the flooring in two rooms of the 250 year old portion of our home, the cherry mantle, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I think counting kids houses too makes sense if we want to get a true count. But I also do not want to go to the trouble to count. I guess it could be a fun thing but I am confident I would miss things. It also would depend on how you count. I've installed all the trim in my current house. Does each room represent a separate project? Or each type of trim? I've installed the flooring in multiple rooms. Is that one project or multiple. I have four bedrooms in this house and there are only two beds I didn't make. In my son's house there is only one and in my daughters I think there are two I didn't make, two I did. Both their breakfast tables and 4 chairs were made as presents. Is that one project or 5? I also made my breakfast chairs but haven't made the dining room chairs yet. I also need to make myself a new dresser. One of those will be the next project. I prefer to think of what is next instead of what is done but it is also fun to go back sometimes too. I also really like sleeping on a bed I made when visiting my kids.

Guessing about 25-30, and about the same in gifts to family and friends. I wont count the pens. But probably an equal total amount that went to the dump or burn pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    Guessing about 25-30, and about the same in gifts to family and friends. I wont count the pens. But probably an equal total amount that went to the dump or burn pile.
    If we count kindling, the number soars...........
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Just counting furniture in my home (but not in the shop).....21 pieces.
    Last edited by Christian Hawkshaw; 02-25-2021 at 3:47 PM. Reason: added shop info
    Chris

16 to date, over ten years.

My first was a dining table. We use it daily.