Thread: Pics from phone. (How)

Pics from phone. (How)

Not sure where this should be posted. I think this is the most active place on the forum. Haven't posted a wood working project in several years. Because I have know idea how. Would have to do it from my iPhone. Have done all the searches. Is there a simple way, I'm probably the least tech savey person here.

thank you
    Mike

Hook your phone charging cable to the computer usb port. Then look around on the computer for the phone. probably listed under "devices".
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by mike johnston View Post
    Not sure where this should be posted. I think this is the most active place on the forum. Haven't posted a wood working project in several years. Because I have know idea how. Would have to do it from my iPhone. Have done all the searches. Is there a simple way, I'm probably the least tech savey person here.
    Mike, I just loaded samillcreek.org on my iPhone and I see a banner at the top that says:

You can now post pictures from your phone! Sawmill Creek now has support for Forum Runner! (ForumRunner can be purchased in most app stores for about 2 bucks.)
    Sounds like that's your best (and maybe only) option.

Regards,

- Leo

I use google photos. saves all my photos so I don't have to keep them on my iphone.
    I can go to google photos, copy and past them to my desk top and then upload them to my post when ready.

Blog Entries
    There are various ways, Google Drive and so forth. Most often I just have a few so I just email them to myself and then post them from the computer. I find the iPhone handy but, not a PC replacement for many tasks. I could also just be old and set in my ways ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks every one Now to find a 7 year old to help me through

Using your phones internet browser, go to SMC. Change the viewing mode (bottom left) to classic/full site and you can upload right from your phone. No need to move photos or plug in cords.

Blog Entries
    I sometime use my phone for taking photos of things. I transfer those photos to my lap top via blue tooth. That allows me to check the photos for proper orientation before posting them on SMC.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute